Old Photo - Doctor's Coupe ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Doctor's Coupe ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:53 am:

The doctor prescribed accessory headlights !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:14 am:

Looks more like a lawyer to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:22 am:

Its a doctor, I can tell by the medical bag that is locked in the trunk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Ed- too funny, I'm laughing...

You're all wrong, he's a dentist- Dr. Pain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:29 am:

If he's a lawyer, has the expression of a court-room barracuda. If he's a doctor, he may have a lousy bedside manner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Them is gas headlights!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:37 am:

I think if he were a doctor or lawyer, he would be driving a more expensive car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Mark, them ain't neither gas. Rick, so . . . a tightwad doc or shyster ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David C Jahnke on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Are those steerable headlights? Looks like linkage between the lights?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:53 am:

Fancy headlights and whitewalls. That must be the Model T "Medical Edition" like we recently saw for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

I'll vote for La Cosa Nostra accountant!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

Doctors were interested in a dependable car. That was the Ford, not the "more expensive car". He made up for it by the accessories.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

I agree with David J., those look like steerable headlights. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

That's definitely Dr. Pepper......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

Well he dont use any of the above listed. He looks like still has money! Another great photo. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

It looks like J D Smudgindorf who swindled hundreds of bewildered Ford owners out of their coil boxes promising to reconstitute the vanadium flux within them. He left them stranded on the road promising to return within an hour with their improved coils. He was convicted in 1927 but escaped through an unattended whisk broom in the hallway of the county jail.
"Believe it or Not"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

If he's a doctor, I vote for proctologist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

Rich, I believe you're right. The 1923 license plate shows this was Smudgindorf at his height. I wondered what he had in his hands, likely it's the phony bi-metallic crucible he used to con his marks by demonstrating a sleight-of-hand re-constitution of vanadium flux. It was actually bicarbonate of soda. He didn't last long after this picture was taken. Arrested in 1924, his first trial and subsequent appeals took three years before his escape from jail. A clean sweep, he disappeared and was never heard of again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 07:08 am:

You realize that Google and Yahoo are on this like ants on a dead June Bug, yet Bing is clueless. I did a search, just because, on Smudgindorf and discovered that you could create a lot of fake news here if ya'll are not careful. It's still funny.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 07:33 am:

"Annoying patient can load himself in the car, I'm having a smoke break"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 10:06 am:

It's true that Smudgindorf disappeared after giving jailers the brush off. Some say he was sighted in Fargo posing as a dyslectic optometrist under an assumed name. Many of his victims are still plagued by shorts in their secondaries.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 10:30 am:

Interesting to know, Vern. Maybe there's harm in "fake history" ?? Apparently the Google bots are in need of a humor filter. I guess this means you don't want to know any further adventures of JD Smudgindorf ? ( hint : the Fargo optometrist Henry Cumberwick may have been JD under an alias)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 10:51 am:

I guess we should be careful what we post lest more prisoners escape through whisk brooms. [;o(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 11:02 am:

That would have law enforcement bristling for sure !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 11:05 am:

[;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

Uh Oh. I fear another spontaneous Pun Attack is about to spring into life !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

I hope so ! Tough room !! (Don't forget to tip your waitress - we'll be here all week ! )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

OK Boys: It's time for your medicine:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration