Main bearing bolt..........

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Main bearing bolt..........
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

I was sorting through my 1918 engine parts, getting ready for a main bearing pour in the future. I discovered that one of the main bearing bolts had been cut off at some point, rendering it useless. I checked a couple of online sources, expecting to find a single replacement, and it looks like you have to buy a complete set for around $100...ouch!

Is there any reason a standard hex bolt, drilled for cotter pins, couldn't be used instead?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 05:17 pm:

Maybe these are still available:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/776108.html?1501274707

If not, I'll bet that Dave Huson would sell you a single bolt, or a set at a good price. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

George:
I have hundreds of mainbearing bolts ...which bolt do you need ( rear or center/front ) I will give you a bolt for the cost of postage ...gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 08:01 pm:

Gene, I'll give you a call tomorrow if that's alright. I wanted to talk to you about babbitting anyway! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

Gene....just sent you a PM. George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

I used hardened bolts from ACE for the front main when I installed the AC compressor. I ran the bolts, installed the nuts, installed the compressor plate and installed another nut with lock waters. Did this a long time ago. All s good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

Hey guys.......I just realized that I don't know how to receive a PM from another member! Where do I find it??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

Shows up as an Email. "Please reply to User" and a subject

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

The email may be in your spam files, depends on your settings. Worth checking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

Ah.....okay. Got it now. Most websites have a "PM" section of some sort, so I couldn't figure it out. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 01:42 am:

For whatever it is worth? I receive PMs here fairly often in my email. Send them from time to time also. I like the way this system works. A couple other sites I check occasionally? I have tried to use their in-house PMs, and for the life of me, I can't figure them out.
Guess it just depends on what you are used to.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration