What a Difference Makes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What a Difference Makes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 08:25 am:

A week ago today we were driving the Coupe all day. That was our last good driving day, a week later this is what we have.

Time to stop playing, get myself in the garage to get some work done on the 56!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 08:41 am:

Wow Dan, that looks like about 10" of snow! You can have it! Looks like the kids are having fun, and one can take the cooler temp than the other. LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 09:31 am:

Nope, nope, nope :-) Glad my snow days are over :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 09:35 am:

Dan, I hope you have a heater in that garage! Keep us posted on your progress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 09:51 am:

The Great Lakes are doing their winter job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 10:56 am:

Beautiful !! I always get lift watching the hilarity of kids and dogs after a fresh snowfall. They get excited and have a lot of fun. For us T guys, a great excuse to hole up in a (hopefully) heated garage 'til spring !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 11:28 am:

I'm sure glad that my grandparents came here from northeastern New York! When it gets down to 50 I am cold and depressed. However you can have our dry Santa Ana winds. They stir up allergies and also cause fires to expand. Otherwise great here.
Norm (southern California)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 07:29 pm:

Tim, we ended up with around a foot and a half.
Larry, yes I have heat,couldn't work without it.
The Great Lakes really do a job north east of us, the Tug Hill ended up with 4 foot,typical for them. We do get snow and cold, but don't get Hurricanes, massive fires, mud slides,Earthquakes, massive flooding, although some areas do flood, or horrendous Tornadoes. Rarely a minor one is possible. So no place is perfect. I don't like the cold or temps over 75. The good part of winter for me is it forces me into the garage to get work on the cars done. The worst part is not driving the old cars usually from December through April.That's why we put so many miles on them in the summer. Since I'm retired, not having to go out to work on days like this is a real plus.
When we do get the snow my F-250 makes short work of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 09:14 am:

9 degrees here this morning. 2-3 inches of snow last night while we fought a barn fire at a buggy shop. Installing metal on a building today. Fingers hurt till you cant feel them, then its ok. I LOVE WINTER!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

Dallas, we were 19 degrees today, but picked up another ten inches of snow from this storm, oh, I mean "event", everything is an "event" now, idiots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

Dan,ten inches of snow here would shut down life as we know it. We got 2 inches and school was delayed 2 hrs. I grew up in northern Michigan. 12 inches meant you had to get up early is all. I dont miss deep snow. We waided snow waist deep for 1/4 mile to meet the bus at the main road. I know up hill both ways but its true. I was only 6 or 7. They close schools here if it gets too cold. Geez! We are raising soft kids which means soft adults. Enough rant but its 7:30 and my brain is starting to thaw from work today. Keep the photos coming. I can sit where its warm and enjoy them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Love the picture of your barn!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 02:28 pm:

Ya Dan, I guess your ashamed of your location but I betting the farm that your not here in SoCal by the really nice pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

Dan,

You are building grandsons with great skills and great memories. Good on ya !

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

Ed and Gene, glad you enjoyed the pics. Gene I almost moved to So Cal years ago. Pluses and minuses.
Dallas, I know what you mean. When I was teaching the teachers wanted snow days as much if not more than the students. It had to be unbelievably bad to get one. Now they get them at the drop of a hat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

I'm with Dan. I live in Michigan just on the outer edge of most of the lake effect so we get some snow and cold but no major climate or geographical disasters. Snow comes and may make things difficult for a few days but we are prepared for it and it eventually goes away usually with little damage and provides some fun for many in the mean time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 07:29 pm:

Dick, They like 53 Mercs also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

Today's snowfall is suppose to be around a foot. A good day to sit around the fire as Ellen's baking Christmas cookies, cherry pie, and a couple pizza's later, me reading the forum. I finally got back in the garage yesterday afternoon and removed the rear body panel on the 56. I will be replacing it with an NOS one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 08:49 pm:

That 56' rag top is soooooo cool, a "dream car" for many. I had two 58's, one with a "interceptor" the other a "police interceptor", both turquoise'n white. These cars are worth a ton a money now !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 10:33 am:

John, a friend had a 58 convertible in the late sixties with a 352 engine, great car, great engine.
I have always thought 56 convertibles, 2dr hardtops and crown victorias were the best looking cars ever produced. When I bought this one it was all hotrodded up with a 390, 4 speed ect. and some major related damage to it. I got rid of all the hot rod stuff and repaired the damage. I have a lot of 56 NOS parts that I will be using on it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration