Spokes -Question.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Spokes -Question.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

Where can i get oak spokes for display wheels.
Thank you... lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

Is oak really that much cheaper than hickory? Why not just buy hickory ones from one of the vendors? If you just want to display them, you could probably get a GREAT deal on used spokes from someone who is rebuilding their wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

"Down the road" is an important phrase to remember. That set of "display" wheels will invariably wind up on a car somewhere. Always factor in the next guys use after you are out of the picture. I would not want to be responsible for an accident down the road hurting or killing someone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 01:42 pm:

Gary brings up a good point.

Now I'm totally cool with the idea of making a display wheel. I'm currently trying to build a clock out of one (12 spokes, 12 hours, should be easy :-) ).

Used spokes can probably be had cheaply. I'd say if you're going to make a display wheel, be sure to use rims/felloes that are obviously NOT useable. They will still look good as a display wheel, but are unlikely to ever be installed on a car. I'm sure bad rims/felloes are easy and cheap to come by!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

Please describe your meaning of "Display Wheels"

You should be able to get used spokes for the cost of shipping or donated from a local member?

Gary's point is Very true... If those wheels were to be installed on a complete car, it's near criminal unless they're marked and fitted with Display Only so somebody could not drive the car.

RDR will certainly be watching your choice and decision from above.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration