Spare tire carrier

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Spare tire carrier
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson_graham nc on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

I have a 24 touring car. I picked up a spare carrier that bolts on the rear spring u bolts
I think it's a 26 27. Is there any reason it would not work on the 24. Thanks philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 01:08 am:

Hi Philip,

That carrier probably will fit onto your car, but the bigger issue is that the "Y" shaped rim holder is sized to fit the 21" rims. If your car has 23" rims, as a '24 touring would have, they won't fit on the carrier. Sorry, Bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 05:15 am:

There are "Y" for 30X3.5 rims. I may still have an NOS carrier that is correct for your car. PM me if you are interested. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James E Bowery on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 06:16 am:

I have a "Y" for a 30x3.5 rim that I could sell. I need a "Y" for 21 rim.

Jim B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson_graham nc on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 08:47 am:

my car has the 21 inch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 10:10 am:

Don't settle for anything that is incorrect for your car. I think maybe the '21s came out in late '24, but am not sure. The bottom line is they did make the correct style carrier for your '21 inch wheels. All you need to do is find one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson_graham nc on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 10:33 am:

yes i agree i got a pm from someone who may have one
if so i hope i can sell the one i have. philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 03:00 pm:

My problem is that the hold downs for the spring are not long enough to also hold down thes spare tire carrier. I would have to remove the body to replace those hold down clamps with longer clamps. At least in order to use castle nuts. Maybe i could use lock washers and thin nuts

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration