Mentorship

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Mentorship
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Bente on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

Iím still new to this forum, almost 1 year. I would like too bring up the topic of mentoring. This forum has been a great resource for information. My local mentors average age is 83. I have many questions, still, like my daughters question about catapillirs if they have eye lids. Iím 59, and I think I maybe the local expert in the future. Iíve figured out my 1916 runabout, working on the complete rebuild of a 1921, trying to start a 1911 Buick. I thank God for the help from my mentors. They have all the parts too. Old dudes, bring it forward, teach, explain, pass on what you know and have learned. Everyone starts at 0.
r/s Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Robert 'Bob' I call them Senior Model T Guru's, this forum is a Great place for information, past and present. I've only been a member for a few months and purchased my 1923 Touring through this site September 2, 2017. I've made friends with lots of folks since my purchase, young and older. Being 68 in years myself, I really enjoy all perspectives on Mentorship, everyone has idea's and I welcome them all. This is one great hobby, full of fun, learning and knowledge shared, so yes, everyone share what you know and help all us newbies, we could be the next generation of knowledge used to mentor others. Let's keep this great hobby rolling along the roads for years to come.

Best Regards,

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Bente on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

Thank you Joe, I would like to add that William Fisk Harrah was my first role model. I still remember all the tall cars and the rows of early motorcycycles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Howell on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 10:30 pm:

Boy, I really agree. We are spending a whole lot of time attempting to leave some how to history.

Check out: www.ModelT-Tips.com with what we hope are helpful videos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 08:28 am:

trying that (www.ModelT-Tips.com) the reply I get is

SERVICE UNAVAILABLE...

any idea as to what I did wrong?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 09:16 am:

The site appears to be down right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 09:20 am:

You can still watch their videos on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5pY7dEuy8

You'll have to go to videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz9Cs_Ied_FCHd6e-WMvuRQ/videos

Choose what you want to watch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:15 am:

David and Terry the website is back up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Carpenter on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

Hello, Everyone,

I am brand new to this forum and to Model T's and will appreciate any sage advice I can find.

I am looking to buy a Model T that runs and drives well and looks decent.

The guidance I would really appreciate is on places to look to find one, and and important details on some of the not so obvious things I should look for.

I plan to put a regular license tag on it and drive it frequently...on smaller, slower roads.

Thank you for any pointers you may care to share.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration