13 Runabout Tailight Bracket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 13 Runabout Tailight Bracket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:15 am:

Does anyone own an untrestored '13 roadster with the original tail light bracket and mounting nuts?
I need to know if the nuts are 7/16" across the flats, or 1/2"? I know this is trivia, but that's the way I am!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

Try Glen Chaffin, I think he has a original 13 roadster, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

Larry, this is off a touring, the nuts are 1/2. I don't see why Ford would use different ones for the roadster. You can also check with Webb, his roadster is pretty original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:57 pm:

Kim:
I guess I'll go with the 1/2" across the flats. It's strange that all the square nuts up front are all 7/16! That lamp bracket is identical to the one on my '13 runabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 10:23 am:

So then, a "neverout" bracket is an accessory ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Neverout license plate brackets are accessories. I prefer the blade variety, but the round mount works too, it just doesn't give the support, in my opinion that the blade does.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Yes, the "Neverout" bracket was an accessory for hanging a license plate !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 05:51 pm:

New old information. The taillight bracket used on roadsters in 13-14 is the same bracket as used on the 1909-12 Touring cars. The factory part number is the same too, but the factory number changed in 1914. The photo Kim posted above is the same bracket. All this information can be found in the 1913-14 parts books.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

Here is some more new old information. The parts book only shows the bolts for this bracket from 1909-1912, so assuming the body wood thickness is the same in 1913-14 on the roadster, it should take the same bolt. Ford must have had these bolts made specifically for this purpose, as they are not a standard bolt at all. Here is the p/n for this bolt: Factory # 3661, parts book # 1614. Apparently, the nut was 1/2" across the flats. The head diameter is .0640".

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration