Observations from a new Guy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Observations from a new Guy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Curtis Fesler on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:19 am:

I've had my 1923 Fordor for a little over a month and didn't know anything about the vehicle when I purchased it. I started out by joining the Tin Lizzies here in Arkansas and the help I've received since has been overwhelming. Mike Walker is doing a rebuild on the running gear and engine and I'm with him off an on to learn. The dedication to preserving the model T History by Mike Walker, Bill and Nelly Howe, Mike Bender and Donnie Brown has surprised me. Their advice, instruction and loan of tools has helped to get me started and kept me on the right track. Thank you all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:41 am:

You are fortunate to have all those mentors---you are in very good hands. Hope to see you on a tour soon !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Welcome Curtiss tot he World of Model T's! Make room for the second as it will come around soon, been there done that as I have two and would like to have one more but am short on space! By all means get the Black Book

Model T Ford
Service
as it will be your bible to the Model T ford repair I think I have two or three and one is always within hand and arm reach.. They are invaluable for information.
Again welcome to the Model T world and make it safe and drive it often!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Mike walker will do a good job on your T. I rode in one of his cars, and it was smooth, quiet, and strong (for a Model T :-)). You're in good hands all around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 08:03 pm:

Curtis, this is a good time to get all the "little things" looked at before the spring tour season starts. Probably seems like forever to get your car back, but as far as I know Mike has never lost one yet. :-) :-) Hope to see you on a tour soon....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

Curtis was here helping and learning for a couple of weeks. During that time we rebuilt the Ruckstell rear end and began installing his new disc brakes from Birdhaven. Last Sunday we finished rebuilding the engine/trans, and on Monday we installed them into his car. Tuesday was spent installing the crankcase ear blocks and bolts, re-installing the steering column and related parts, and connecting the wishbone to the crankcase. Curtis didn't mind being the guy under the car for those two-man parts of the rebuild, and he was a great help. And I think he learned a lot in the process. He returned home on Wednesday, and I finally got a few days off! :-) I'll get back on the job tomorrow.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration