Adams Garage photo -- post from 2010 -- identified.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Adams Garage photo -- post from 2010 -- identified.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

This photo was previously discussed in two places:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/143979.html?1277038094

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/144009.html?1275784102

I stumbled across the threads recently while looking for something else. It was of interest to me because awhile back I saw a blown-up copy of this photo hanging in a friend's shop. He is also knowledgeable about local history.

The location is Hanover, PA on Baltimore Street. It is supposed to be a Rotary Club gathering. Today, Baltimore St. is 94 going south out of Hanover. I can only assume that's the way it was then. They like to change the names on the streets around here every time you cross an intersection. I did a quick "Street View" and don't see it, maybe someone with more time on their hands can find it. Many of the old buildings in Hanover survive, so there's a good chance one or more of the ones shown in the photo still stand today.

This photo appears in various places on the web. My friend said that years ago these were copied from the archive and sold as a fundraiser for the local historical society. On his framed copy you can see where "Baltimore St." was written on the original. Also notice, there is a woman looking out of the bay window on the second story. His copy is blown up and framed making her easy to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

This looks like the spot. The structure standing today would be the one on the far left in the historic photo. What a shame, the date on this image capture was September. It's possible those same buildings were still there recently:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

Nope, the demolished buildings were newer, so if this is indeed the spot, the buildings in the historic photo are long gone:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration