Model T Comfort Springs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Comfort Springs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Herring on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

Just wondered if anyone has come across these type of springs on a Model T. I have been told they were called "comfort springs" and installed from new by Ford on my 1918 Touring as it was a "Dealer Demo" and designed to give a better ride.
Any information would be appreciated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

Dave: There was a '26 Coupe advertised here a few weeks ago with the same spring set-up. Car was in New York state and sold here from the Forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

Saved image from that postingHyde Fulcrum suspension

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Herring on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 02:59 pm:

Many thanks for the information Bob, I am thinking about selling this T as I have too many in my collection

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 03:34 pm:

This coupe:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/793046.html?1510633918

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

OK, the big question is how do these affect ride/handling? Since you have multiple Ts, Dave, could you please give a comparison between this and the standard setup? I was interested in the couple in NY, but have not pulled the trigger because of this unknown. Thanks, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Herring on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

Bill I would say its definitely smoother ride, particularly over any potholes. I was told that the springs were installed when the T was new at the dealer in Cobleskill NY

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration