Where is Royce?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Where is Royce?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

Come back Royce. We miss you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

He is here:

https://modeltfordfix.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

Doing his own thing !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

Appears to have grown some since I last looked. Decided to register. No sense in keeping doors closed for no reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

I went on when he first started that. Could never figure out how to do my profile ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

I've been there and it's a good place.
The site was upgraded and left my antiquated Linux system out of the game. Right on target with a bunch of other sites that won't allow this 2010 or so SSL OS to shake hands and play on the site. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

Royce is on Facebook a lot. We enjoy tugging at each other now and then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

I think he also post on Fordbarn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

You miss someone that says cranky old person things with quaint ideas? It's lol 'cause they think one person can left a whole engine & trans in a car. You'd have to be that oblisk guy from astrix comics to do that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Because Royce is now doing his own thing, he missed out on my early exhaust pipes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 04:45 am:

Royce is busy. He bought the new FORD IN NEW ZEALAND book. He sent me an email to say it had arrived. He liked what he saw. Now he was going to settle down to read it.

Thanks for buying it Royce - enjoy the read.

John Stokes
New Zealand

cover

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 07:45 am:

Hit the nail on the head Kep. Royce is like another poster on this site, who I can respect for their knowledge, but their posts leave much to desire in the delivery. Equal to a doctor's poor bedside manner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 08:07 am:

Sometimes ego gets in the way of presentation....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 10:36 am:

I commend Royce for starting another Model T site ( modeltfordfix.com )to replace MTFCI flushing their site down the toilet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 10:52 am:

I think i started my mftci in 1994 and i just quit them this fall because of their flushing their forum!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Awww, c'mon...this is Christmas Time.

Remember what Buddha said: "What goes around, comes around".

OK, maybe it was Al Gore that said that...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

Actually, I believe Royce is still supporting our hobby, just not as often on this forum as he once did. And I suspect, but I do not know, that one of the contributing reasons for that was when many of his (and several others) postings on the MTFCI site disappeared. He had no control or input over when they disappeared etc. I believe with his current site, he has a lot more control over what happens to it. And he probably is able to back it up completely, in case it was hacked or his hosting provider went bankrupt etc.

And of course Facebook offers another venue. I live in a small town, and I can drive to the big city several using different routes. It isn't a right way or wrong way but a different way.

And anyone is always welcome to post on our forum -- I would welcome Royce's inputs and I still reference many of his previous inputs when I reply to questions.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

Actually I think the original poster feared for Royces well being. We are no youngsters no more (many of us)....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

"Banned" was the word Royce used when he e-mailed me about it. I have no idea whether it was temporary or permanent, but with his own site, I doubt he cares to come back here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

Larry,
What about the exhaust pipes?
I never heard back from you about the one I ordered?
I think I was number 9 to post I wanted one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 05:05 am:

I don't know what has gone down.

I hope no-one has offended Royce. He is a bright individual (we all are in our own ways) and passionate about the Model T Ford (we all are in our own ways) and very knowledgeable about them (aren't we all, in our own ways?).

This is a hobby site where we share information (we all share in our own ways). How we react can be important (we all react in our own ways). No-one knows more than another - it is not competitive - it is about sharing.

And tolerating.

And contributing kindly.

Personally, I value this site greatly. The contributors are amazing. Royce is/was one of them. If this site has lost Royce Peterson, there will be a reason. Someone will know.

Royce's choice.

Enjoy this wonderful site for what it is.

John Stokes
New Zealand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 08:33 am:

Royce’s departure from the Forum (no matter what the circumstances), was a loss for everyone who frequents this place; the guy knew his stuff and generous with his assistance. In the 15 or so years I’ve been coming on here, I probably learned more from his posts than just about anyone else’s. I enjoy going to his new site - it is excellent. Regardless, this Forum is the poorer for his absence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 11:54 am:

I concur with Ron!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

I agree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

I also agree! As an example,....several times, when a question or problem comes up on the forum in regard to Model T drag link issues, I advise the writer to use keywords to bring up Royce's excellent post that has exact measurements for the different year drag links, complete with actual photos of each!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Having personally met Royce, I can say that I found him to be a perfect gentleman. I look forward to shaking hands with him again some time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

I agree with Ron, Jay, Hal, and Harold. Royce was a great asset to this forum and I wish he was back posting here. I also agree that Royce's new forum is a great source of information on T's and is a place for restores to get technical information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

I think forums that do not censor content contrary to the operators ideology are great sources of impartial information making them truly great assets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 09:28 pm:

Typical, given the source.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

Mike

My post is in no way reflective of whether or not Royce should have been exiled. I don't know the details nor do I feel a need to be privy to private dealings. With respect to your post, let me be clear that I respect your knowledge and furtherance of technology into the T arena...those that want it will buy it; those that don't, won't. Our hobby needs more suppliers and not less and you are clearly meeting a need and filling that need with quality products.

As far as censorship goes, I think censorship of a board like this is absolutely called for, and key to it's success. If I constantly asked questions about Chevy hot rods and was regularly posting off-topic on non-Ford things, it would be the moderator's job to guide me or ban me.

If I decided to call you, for example, or any one else, every four-letter word I know, for the opinion uncensored posting furthers knowledge, my post should be pulled and I should be banned.

I think decency, decorum, and self-control are virtues in life. Others don't. The others are winning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 02:32 pm:

Scott,

Bravo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

Scott, since the topic of discussion was forum attributes that constituted as great assets, I thought it was assumed conduct in compliance with established rules for participation and governance was a given. Censorship beyond that would be a detriment in my opinion.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration