Old Photo - Brass Era - Accessory Cowl Model T Touring Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Brass Era - Accessory Cowl Model T Touring Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:43 pm:

The same cowl on this car which I had the pleasure of servicing some years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Bill, that is a "collector car person's dream" to find a "BARN FIND" auto like the one pictured. Often wondered if there is any left to be found like this one ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 10:57 am:

There's a very original '10 for sale on the HCCA website. This one was written up in the HCCA Gazette a couple of years ago. Nothing new except the tires, tubes, and horn bulb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Amazingly, the "untouched" relics seem to keep appearing - who knows the number that have been put away and more or less forgotten ? Certainly we'll run out of 'em some day though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Is this aesthetic only or is there some added functionality? Just curious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

I suppose making your '13 or '14 look like a latter Ford was an advantage back in the day. These seem a bit ugly to me. The '15 and latter cowl is a thing of beauty. I have saved this one in case I want to "temporarily" change the look of my '14.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

Generally a car in that condition may reveal details about the timing of various changes made in production. That's valuable to folks who are interested in preserving the history of the Model T. Sometimes cars like this are more worn out than other components found piecemeal as they were discarded, but a mostly complete relic sure lessens the difficulty of searching for enough parts to complete a running car. Additionally, since examples like this one were stored away under cover, rust and decay are not infrequently minimal. So yes, I'd say there's a functional advantage to having a car like this one to work on, whether one chooses to go with a frame off "perfect" restoration, or preserve it in "as found" condition by making it mechanically sound to drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

Hey, the first range Vent-a-Hood was born!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration