Nuts,bolts,washers and those pesky cotter pins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Nuts,bolts,washers and those pesky cotter pins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 01:49 am:

Have been looking for the past few days and having no luck. I am looking for a diagram and/or listing of where, size and what type of nut, bolt, washer, and who gets a cotter pin on engine/ transmission components. If there is such a place.

26 engine

What I do know is there are 17, 1/2 inch, 1/4 x 16 hex bolts, no nut and I believe no washer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 02:05 am:

What a dope, getting late!

The 17 are bolts which hold the inspection cover on the oil pan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 03:45 am:

Those are 5/16-18 x 7/16. This is a pretty good list of chassis fasteners.

application/pdf
Bolts_nuts_threaded_items.pdf (127.8 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

Steve,

Obviously, I did not know -- what were the bolts holding inspection pan were

Again, thank you.

I could not find anything related to placement of hardware for an engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 11:57 pm:

The list provided is awesome. I know where all the internal parts go, just not familiar with the outside. In configuring the external bolts, nuts, washers and cotter pins is there a diagram available?

I know it is an odd request and one may not exist. It makes it easier if I can physically see the bolt patterns.

You may say --- What? Had a stroke a couple years back. Trying to make life easier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 12:16 am:

The best thing to do is find out what Ford actually used. All you need to do is look at a few original cars. I've been doing this for years, and it really upsets me when I see restored cars with the wrong bolts and nuts. It doesn't take much to find out what is correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 12:19 am:

I don't consider this complete, or even adequate, but it's the only diagram I've found. It gives only wrench sizes, not bolt sizes, threads, or lengths.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 01:04 pm:

Again, thank you, Steve.

I'm getting closer, next will have to be some up close investigation as Larry states. Don't mind me! Just want the right bolts etc... in the right place. I have been called a lot of thing but a hack is not one of them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration