Fronty Information Please

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fronty Information Please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 10:54 am:

Recently acquired a SR Fronty rocker arm engine. Seems there was some chat about a modern rocker arm and valve spring replacement. Any thoughts????

thnx

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

IF you have no luck, I have just started making a set of roller rockers for my Gemsa head. Iím getting the basic rockers waterjetted from 3/4Ē aluminum. I will install needle roller bearings on the shafts and hard steel roller tips. Iím salvaging the adjuster screws from some other old rocker arms. The shafts are being made from O1 drill rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

Howard, I dug around in my attic and found this Fronty head. I believe the rockers (marked EBP?) are from a 215 Ford 6. Looks like a pretty slick conversion. Sorry for the lousy picture, but I hope it gives you the idea.

fronty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 03:58 pm:

I want to dig around my attic and find a fronty head. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 12:25 am:

tom,

thnx for the idea I will purchase one and compare. I will let you know if it works. My engine and head is totaly restored but I just want to have a couple of spares.

I plan on installing this combination in my barn fresh 1912 touring and entering the 2019 cross country trip from New York to Seattle.

thnx

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration