Wood fire wall issue

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wood fire wall issue
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Got question
Have 22-25 frame want mount a wood firewall
I put on the wood firewall it makes my steering column 1" short at the lower bracket.
Wondering if my brackets are wrong
Anyone got a 16-20 wood firewall to frame bracket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 09:30 pm:

Langs carry brackets for both wood and steel firewalls. They are different by about the thickness of the wood firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 09:42 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/818557.html?1513548719

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

I have type 1 bracket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

Wondering if my column hole in the firewall is to high
I made my firewall from a 14 pattern
Should use my 15-20 patern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 08:45 am:

I think you just might have figured out the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

They sit different locations to the frame rail top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Only the early 22's had wood firewalls (the ones with the two man top)...all one man top cars had the metal firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

The mounting holes in the frame for the braces are all in the same place. That way you can use the 25 back frame under any car, wood or steel dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Well let
see 23 motor brass radiator aluminum hogs head 4 dip pan stamp steel running boards mounts 21" wheels dont think this car will be anything like factory
Basicaly useing my extra parts as i have lost storage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 11:42 am:

Martin: I had a 23 Touring slant windshield, one man top, wood firewall. Car had never been apart. Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration