Old Photo - Model T Jungle Gym

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Jungle Gym
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 09:18 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 09:56 am:

My brothers, our friends and me had a TT for the same purpose! It served as a Sherman tank, a pirate ship, a race car or a space ship depending on what the majority wanted that day- or minute.

Plus we had ours and our neighbors creaky old barns, a smattering of abandoned farm and construction equipment, a few sections of rolling woods with muddy creeks full of fish (and blood suckers) and access to a semi-active rail road track to smash pennies on.

Oh, if only we would have had a Nintendo or a Playstation......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Oh ya! Put many miles on my dads 47-48 chevy parts cars. Cops and robbers. If you could have seen our chase scenes! We also lived by the tracks. We made large pennys also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

New pennies do not smash as well as the old copper ones!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

"Take care and don't hurchour self on that old jalopy." My cousin and I had an old stage coach and some retired Yellowstone buses to play on. Sometimes we got caught.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 07:07 pm:

Fantastic photo Jay!
These things were only in my imagination when I was a little boy but did have a grain truck for a short time to mess around in.
I don't think I messed around in Nancy, the 54 Ford demolition derby car of my brother's.
I can't count the times I cranked up the wagon box, held the catch and let go of the crank.
Did any of you wear double bread bags on your feet inside your shoes for the swampy/wet areas?
I had a bunch of pushed over Box Elder trees (still alive) down in the low pasture...
They needed room for the new barn in 63 or 64. One of the last barn raisings here in this area.
Eh hem. I let my grand-kids do what's in the photo and wow, that's ticks my son off bad... :-)
Is that a 23?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Oh ya, bread sacks in the boots. Boots with felt liners. Brown jersey gloves. When we had gloves. Sometimes it was socks on our hands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 01:36 am:

Ahhhh. Brown jersey gloves kept my fingers intact for many years! Even doubled up for ice skating excursions. Still cold sometimes.
Eh hem. I may have had socks on my hands also. Something in my memory tells me the lack of individual fingers...
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 09:11 am:

Dallas, your post would match my childhood experiences almost exactly. Bread sacks and socks for mittens. Playing in the snow until my fingers were numb then standing by the wood stove wishing the pain of fingers thawing would end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

Neighbor gave me a T Ford in about the same shape when I was 5 or 6 years old, c.1948. My dad was less than enthused, but it was around for several years, getting skinnier till it was gone. Quite a few T's needed parts then too. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration