TT truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: TT truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 10:37 am:

I bought a TT truck that was running at a show, but on the way home they forgot to tie it down and it rolled off the trailer and now you can't crank it. It also has a muncy tranny. What would you look for first to get it running again?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Eugene, Are you saying it will not turn over at all?? Like the engine is froze...??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

Eugene,

Assuming something isn't stuck in gear, I would strongly suspect that the engine pan has been bent and is binding up the engine. Don't even try to run it like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

The engine can not be cranked and the pan is not bent. and the neutral and parking lever is in neutral

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

Did it remain vertical after falling off the trailer? Possibly the differential/worm screw is jammed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 05:51 pm:

Eugene, Did you try to start it with the starter, if so the starter may have stuck the bendix in the flywheel. If that is what happened, you can loosen the starter and rock it around until it pops out. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

Eugene, being a northerner who moved to Georgia I've noticed locals say my car won't crank. To us northerners that means you can't physically turn the engine over but down here it means that the car will turn over with the starter but won't start. Which case describes your problem?

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 07:00 pm:

It just rolled off the back of the trailer and the back wheels hit the ground but the front wheels stayed on the trailer. they got stopped before it came off the trailer. But it is not clear how far they went on the back wheels The guy that had it has died and his wife said not far if you can guess how for is not far. I will check the starter tomorrow for I have that happen before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

look for flat spots on the tires. If you find any,something might have jammed in the rear end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 08:39 pm:

How far is "far"? "No one can tell". Well, I'll tell you that I'd pull the cover plate off the transmission and have a look for parts, pieces or burned oil, for starters...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

With any luck the Muncie was in neutral so damage could possibly be minimal

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration