Will a goat eat a tin can, or just the label?-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Will a goat eat a tin can, or just the label?-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

goat on a model t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 06:12 am:

Had friends who had pygmy goats. The goats got a little hungry once and ate the rusty fenders off their truck. I suppose that's one way of dealing with rust.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 06:22 am:

That plate location looks a little iffy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 07:04 am:

went over to neighbors to play pitch one night and their goat jumped up on running boards, up the fender, on to the hood then up on top and fell through the soft top om the coup, that was the maddest I ever seen dad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 07:21 am:

I had an old friend that chained a goat to the front of a non-running model A, hoping the goat would clean up a nearby patch of honeysuckle. Instead, the goat ate the front tires off of the model A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 07:48 am:

Looks like a '14 with some '15/'16 updates. Is it a wide track?

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 08:06 am:

I've always wondered- if goats truly eat metal, why don't they ever eat through a yummy wire fence and get out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 09:58 am:

I do know this much, A friend changed the oil in his power stroke diesel truck and left the bucket of oil out in the yard. Goat got loose, he thought nothing of it at first.But then the next day he noticed the oil was lower in the bucket. Thinking the bucket had a hole in it he went ahead and got rid of the rest of the oil.
Went out to feed the goat, the sides of the stall were oil covered,the back side of the goat was oil covered and the goat was eating everything in site.
Turns out the goat drank the oil.
Vet told him the goat sensed essential minerals in the oil ,probably bearing material, and drank the oil to get the nutrients.
It has been a couple months and the goat still smells of burnt oil but is doing fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 10:21 am:

A goat that smells like burnt oil would be an improvement!

One of my daughters had a friend that had "show goats".
They would go to out-of-state shows and the kids (human and goat) would ride in the fifth wheel trailer together to and fro. When she got home she reeked of goat so her clothes went straight in the washer and she into the tub!

- Goats are the only farm animal I can think of (pigs and chickens included) that the scent of makes me blanch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Does don't smell. Bucks reek, and if there's one on the place, everything reeks !! About goat appetite, only thing I know is they won't eat what you'd like them to eat, and they will eat anything you don't want eaten. It's fairly common that folks think they can stake out a goat to clean up ditch banks and fence rows, but they are not grazers. You can starve them to eat grass, but like deer, they are browsers and prefer shrubs, bark and woody stems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

They make good guards to. When I was a kid the local junk yard owner kept a huge billy goat loose in the yard. You didnt go in without him. He carried a chunk of oak 2x4 with him when he took us in. The goat was not nice. I have seen him full swing right in the head to stop the goat. We were on top of a car by that time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

When I was a teen, I worked in a hardware store (Remember those?) after school and on Saturdays and Summers. A lady came in one day asked about buying some rope. What size rope do you need, Ma'am. Well, not REAL big. Just big enough to hold a goat. Ma'am, I'd suggest some small chain. No, I want some rope. OK, well, here is what rope we have. Gimme X number of feet of THIS one. Yes, Ma'am.

Next day, I sold her x number of feet of chain.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration