Anyone else have this book?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Anyone else have this book?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Robbins on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 10:23 pm:

A good friend of mine gave me a stack of old books today and in that stack was this one.

Look's super interesting. Was wandering who else on the forum has it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 10:40 pm:

Not perfect but as close to it as anything ever wrote about the car,the man,the company,and the times!Over the years i have bought many and have given them to those who show interest.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 12:15 am:

I've had that book for years. It was printed in the '50s I believe it was written by Howard Stern?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 12:43 am:

I have a copy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 01:30 am:

I want a copy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 01:43 am:

Philip Van Doren Stern, 1955
When I was very much younger, I wonder how often I checked it out of the library. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 01:49 am:

There's a copy on Ebay right now for $173.00. Shipping is free . What A deal!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil McKay on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 06:13 am:

There are several used copies on Amazon for less than $15 plus media rate shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 07:52 am:

AbeBooks.com has a number of copies

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 09:39 am:

I picked mine up at one of the local libraries when they had a used book sale. The binding has been repaired but the inside is perfect. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hoogendoorn on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

I have a copy and a most interesting one at that. Friend of mine picked it up at a swop meet in Johannesburg and gave it to me as a gift some 25 years ago. Turns out this book was donated to The American Library in Salisbury, Rhodesia (now Harare, Zimbabwe) by The United States Information Service on 5th December 1957. The library card is still in the back of the book and it was last borrowed by a Mr? Meyer on 16 September 1964. So special, just imagine the amount of pleasure it gave to all the borrowers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

Years ago i gave a copy of Bruces Model T Ford the car that changed the world,and a nice copy of Tin Lizzie to our local library.Would you like to listen to Joe Glamb and other old timers talk?? The book tells how and where.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

My dad had his model T 15 years before I was born. He started to restore it when I was 9 and it took 5-7 years if you count that the top was the last thing to be done and that was 4 years after the car started going on club tours.
I discovered this book at the library when I was 13. Now days knowing as much as I do(still more to learn) the errors in it pop right out at me but in the big scope of things not too many.
The point is this, it got me hooked on the history and the car known as Model T Ford.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration