1927 Coupe seat upholstery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1927 Coupe seat upholstery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Flowers on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 01:07 am:

I'm installing a Classtique Upholstery kit for my 1927 Coupe. I have never seen what the original cover looks like or how it is installed. Does anyone have some good pictures of the finished seat back and cushion? I've searched the web and haven't found a good picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 04:38 am:

This is all I have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 04:49 am:

Seat base... rear cushion shelf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 04:56 am:

Should look similar to this. Try to line the pleats up for a nice clean look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Flowers on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

Thanks Don. Nice pictures. I see that the bottom cover wraps all the way down to the wood frame. As soon as my new frame comes in I will get started.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

Yup Dave the upholstery gets stapled to the bottom of wood frame. You should make a compression rack to compress the springs while you staple. It also makes the fabric taught when removed from the rack. Its just basically 2 2x4's and threaded rod. The 2x4's sit on the wood frame length way and the threaded rod is put thru holes at the end of the 2x4's. You bolt the bottom of the rods to a table, sit the fabric facing down the fill and the burlap or whatever. The springs sit on top of that. You are left with the bottom of the seat frame. Tighten the nuts down on to the wood frame, square all the material up and take the nuts down in a uniform manner to compress the springs as much as possible or desire. Then you can pull the material up and staple or tack in a nice even way all around the wood frame. When you are happy with the staple job un-screw the nuts and remove the 2x4's and you will have a nice firm comfortable seat. (hope this makes sense). Have fun!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration