Cotter Pin List: revised

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Cotter Pin List: revised
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 11:36 am:

I noticed that the Fahnestock list of chassis cotter pins had some errors (carb adjusting rod listed twice, rear radius rods called front radius rods). Here is the original list and my revised version. Anybody see anything I need to correct?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Steve, Thanks for revising the Fahnestock list. Will use as a reference to build my cotter pin assortment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

Steve

Nice work, but Fahnestock didn't miss on the quantity or the size of those cotters.

Just a mistake on the 'title' of the cotter, Factory # 544, listed with the other pull rods. That carb. 'adj. rod should be correctly re-named for what it's for.......the choke pull rod

That midget cotter goes in the end of the choke bell crank on the dash, and the choke pull rod!

And was used again later on the Improved Car for the choke sleeve on the u-joint adjustor rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

And in the first set of cotters, the larger 3/32", Factory # 66 cotter, is for the carb adj rod, that is the rod that goes into the double hole needle valve, use that larger one to keep the rod from jumping out!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration