Are Articles / Stories in The Vintage Ford and The Model T Times Indexed in any way?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Are Articles / Stories in The Vintage Ford and The Model T Times Indexed in any way?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Are the articles in The Vintage Ford and The Model T Times indexed in any way?

I've read both for nearly 45 years and every so often, I'll remember one of them, or a part of one of them, and I'd like to find it and read it again.

One story was about a family in Alabama that bought a '27 at auction because that's what the dealers had to resort to doing. His name was Zeke, and he & his wife were so excited about owning a car, they didn't sleep at all that night.

The story progressed, and one day Zeke died; eventually, the engine of the car ended up as a power unit for a saw or a pump. Later in the story, I believe the engine was restored and put into a car.

Another story was told by a narrator, and partly in the first person by the car, herself.

In short, the T's owner had died, and others came to see the car, "but their hands were of those who admired, but did not love".

The story concluded that the caretaker of the car would awaken at night to hear the sound of a Model T running, but when he got out to the garage, the car was not running, but the hood was warm, and the passenger side was slightly lower, as if the car were expecting someone to climb aboard and go for a drive.

Over the years, so many wonderful articles and stories have been published in the two magazines. If anyone knows of an index, or a way to search for a particular story, please let me know.

Thx.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

The T Times is - not sure about the Vintage but I would assume so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

Several years ago I think I remember an index printed in one issue of the Vintage Ford which had an index by year and issue number. It had the various articles listed. I haven't seen one like it for a long time. These days, someone on the club board or appointee who is computer literate could put such a list on line and then update as new issues are printed. Then a reference to the list could be put on the club home page.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

The Model T Times issues from the beginning in 1953 to 2015 are now fully indexed with hot tabs when you purchase the flash drive.

You can search Magazine Issue or Subject, which are broken down by category sections.

Great resource. Use this a bunch to review old tech info, articles, and details on past feature T's. $99 for 372 magazines full of T things, that's only $.26 an issue!

https://modeltfordclubinternationalinc.mysimplestore.com/products/model-t-times-flash-drive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 05:53 pm:

The Vintage Ford is indexed through the year 2000 on the Vintage Ford on CD. We are in the process of updating and indexing 2001 to present. The "Vintage Ford on CD" can be purchased from the club. The complete index will be available soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

The updated index will be available to us the first part of 2018 and will be a printable version from 1966 to present.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

That's great news ! There is so much valuable information in these magazines and attempting to find a particular subject can be quite time consuming !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration