Harbor Freight Magnetic light Kit. $ 9.99

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Harbor Freight Magnetic light Kit. $ 9.99
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

For Model T safety lighting,without drilling any holes or permanent installation, The HF Magnetic tow light kit item # 63100 may be a option, it comes with a pair of doubled sided 4-1/4 inch lights Amber on the front Red on the back and a 20 ft wiring harness with trailer light plug. Could be set up for turn signal, brake and running lights, The wiring harness would need to be modified, to provide a plug on each side of the car for the lights to connect when in use for tours or long drives, and stored out of sight for Display or judged events, You could get by with one set ? for both front Turn and rear Brake lights placed on the rear fender or the side of the car above the fender, a second set could also be placed on the front fender for added safety or state DMV regs, The lights are double filament 12 volt but could be operated on 6 volt with a bulb change. It comes with a scratch resistant magnetic base and might be a solution for those wanting additional lighting along with Brake lights and Turn Signal. They are currently on sale at HF for $ 9.99 in the current mail out catalog on pg 13 which expires Dec 31th 2017
I don't get a cut but have a set for My touring I want to try out and thought it might be an option for other Ts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

Jim, good idea but what I found is that the wire is so small it hardly works on 6v, maybe with led's but not standard bulbs. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

I use this exact setup with 6 volt bulbs and it looks fine at night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

Keith I agree about the fine wiring but if you replace the bulbs with 6 volt leds they are a quick way to add visibility to the rear end

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 02:20 pm:

The HF website shows it at $18.99. Apparently you need the printed catalogue to get the sale price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 11:33 am:

Yes, the catalog and website always have different prices. They are different SKUs too but the same items. Also, with Harbor Freight, if you miss the sale, it is like a train, another one will be along soon.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration