Redwood Trees to Pacific Seas MTFCA National Tour Info

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Redwood Trees to Pacific Seas MTFCA National Tour Info
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Just a reminder that the Redwood Trees to Pacific Seas National Tour is alive and well. Some folks have thought the tour was cancelled due to the fires, it has not been canceled and we are looking forward to receiving registrations January 2nd. The hotel is filling up quickly so make your reservations. Check our website REMTC.org for complete information.

See you in June.

Andy Clary
President, Redwood Empire Model T Club

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

Andy
Can we just email the registration only on January 2nd and usps the registration and inspection sheet with our check within 10 days.

Thanks
Kirk
Santa Fe NM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

Yes you can. This and other questions have been addressed on our website. REMTC.org

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Is it possible to print out the application here, so I can download it and print it out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Larry, you can do that here:

https://mtfcatour.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Jorgensen on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 03:03 pm:

Jorgensen family plans to be there with (3) vehicles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

Andy Clary - I realize that for "maximum participation" and maximum socializing, staying at the hotel would be the most ideal. However, as much as I would like to do that, I have a new fully enclosed car-hauler trailer that I have built "living quarters" in, so as to enable me to afford to attend tours much more "inexpensively", as I am prepared to eat and sleep independently and for the most part, avoid restaurants, hotels and motels, and probably and more importantly for security reasons, enjoy the satisfaction of being with my Model T all night, every night. I realize that this is not for everyone, but for me, as a "retiree" on a fixed income, it just makes the most sense.

So, all that to ask the question, are there campgrounds and/or RV parks in the area that would be fairly convenient to stay at each night, or, do you feel that utilizing such accommodations every night would be too much of a hinderance when attempting to participate in tour activities???

Having searched thoroughly through all descriptive information about the tour thus far, I see no reference to any information about "camping available" which in the past, has often been mentioned in descriptive notifications of upcoming tours.

I have to think that there might be others like me that would love to participate in the tour, but are not comfortable or cannot afford multiple nights at a hotel for $155.00 "plus tax".

Please advise, and thank you for any "guidance" you might be able to provide in this regard,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

Harold- I might suggest you look into the KOA on Rainsville Rd in nearby Petaluma. The drive from the KOA to the tour headquarters hotel is less than 30 minutes traveling at T speeds and is an easy drive on 2 lane roads. There may be other options, but the KOA is very nice and was used last summer by folks attending an HCCA tour in the area. Just keep in mind you are in a very popular summer tourist area and rates for lodging are definitely higher than many other areas. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 05:35 pm:

I'm with Harold not only are the tour registration fees in my mind "exorbitantly high", this causes me to seek lodging at a low fee campground (KOA). We did this in Whitefish tour earlier this year. Fuel cost for me were $1200 alone plus the entry fee. While we had a great time in Montana my better half is more price conscious and lets me know when I start talking about next years tour.

Just my .02 cents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Like Dan said, the Petaluma KOA looks like the best bet in the area. Kind of spendy when we stayed there last summer but it worked fine for us. Make reservations really soon if you want to stay there. FEMA seems to have taken most of the other options and may be impacting the KOA as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

The first time I remember camping was when I was five, so I've been a camper for 71 years. I've stayed in KOA establishments, but I always to a web search for NF camps and others that may be nearby. Sometimes a tarp and a sleeping bag make a good place to sleep at the perfect price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

I consider the National Tours a "vacation" - I really don't care what it costs - I'd be spending my money somewhere !

See you down there, Dan !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 07:10 pm:

Steve - As they say,...."different strokes for different folks", right? Personally, I feel like something approaching two hundred bucks a night is something like,..... well, "throwing money off of a bridge", which, frankly, makes no sense to me, even if it is the "Golden Gate Bridge"! (:^) (;^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

.....and, I like to have plenty of time and not be "rushed", which means getting there a day early, and getting a good nights sleep before starting for home, which means at least seven (7) nights in a hotel which probably means at least $1.200.00 or $1,400.00 for just the hotel! CRAZY!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

Just made reservations at the hotel today. Unfortunately, Saturday night is all booked up and I had to make reservations at another hotel for that night.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

I have been staying at hotels for so many years that I found that in the 1950's a $15 room which did not include breakfast in those days was the amount for an expensive room. There is a reason why Motel 6 has it's name. It used to be $6 per night for a cheap room.

Inflation has changed all that and with minimum wage increases and also providing breakfast and even free television service and usually pool and maybe exercise room or other amenities, you have to keep up with costs. This tour is in a very popular tourist area and the rates are always higher in such places. It is a bargain.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

Harold I can understand your situation. Unfortunately there is no camping in our trailer parking area or at the hotel. The KOA is a good bet if you make a reservation early. Like was mentioned, there are a lot of displaced people in the campgrounds and the county has ok'd year round occupancy for the next couple years.

Andy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration