I made some tools.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I made some tools.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 06:33 am:

Getting the inner lip of a modern oil seal started over the camshaft nut can be problematical. The fitting instructions with an Anderson timer suggest wrapping a shim around the nut to get the seal started. I like to fit a shim in the register in the timing cover to make the seal a firmer fit. With two bits of annoyance to cope with, my patience can be sorely tested, until now.

These are a great help.

The smallest tool takes the seal. The OD is .005" larger in diameter than the cam nut.

The tool goes over the cam snout and the seal can be pushed into place without hangups and nice and squarely.

The alloy push ring and the driving washer make pushing the seal into place a breeze.
It all worked so easily I would even be tempted to try the installation without pulling the radiator for easy access.

Hope this helps someone.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Great idea ! Those seals can be pesky to install with the rad. in position !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration