Interest in a new MTFCA north of Houston?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Interest in a new MTFCA north of Houston?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 08:53 am:

The Houston metro area is growing like crazy and the county to the north (Montgomery) is the fastest growing county in the United States.

Because of that, getting to and from Houston from here is becoming a bit obscene in the evenings when the Space City T folks hold their meetings.

Add to that, the fact that thee are quite a few active Model T'ers on the far north side, I'm wondering if there'd be interest in forming a chapter in Montgomery County. I'll quality that by saying that I'm not really the sort that enjoys the tedious stuff that goes along with clubs, but I do like having a local group to wrench on cars with and run down the back roads with.

And, the reality is starting to become that Houston is really no longer "local" to the counties to the north...not when it's often a 1 or even 2 hour drive to get there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 10:41 am:

I can relate to that. I'm in a couple of the Kansas clubs but it's a 2 to 3 hour drive to meetings, so I don't get to many meetings. Unfortunately I doubt there are enough interested people for another club down here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Don, including you and me I have the names of at least 8 other T owners that live nearby and I have contact info on all of them. Let's make it happen. I think that would be at least 15 Model Ts in the group.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 10:52 am:

Don isn't there a Club around the Bryan College Station area?

But that may be to far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 11:23 am:

I'll be in touch John Mays. I know we can meet for free at the library. They have a couple meeting rooms available to the general public.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 11:28 am:

John K....yes, there's a club in the Bryan area, but that's a good hour or two to get there from here.

So, it'd be the same issue.

I'm just thinking that folks are more likely to attend meetings if they're really close. They're also more likely to get together for the things that, IMHO, are the real reason for being in a Model T club...driving the cars and helping each other with cars.

And, like John M mentioned above, there's a pretty good sized Model T contingent in this immediate area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

Don here in the central Texas where I live the closest club is in Dallas or Bryan. Both would be a 1 1/2 - 2 hr drive depending on traffic. There was one here years ago but died for lack of interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

FYI: The Texas Touring Ts, in Bryan/College Station disbanded after their last meeting.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration