Henrietta's carburetor.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Henrietta's carburetor.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 12:25 am:

Today I removed the carburetor, expecting the worst given the mouse plagues she had gone through when stored on the farm.

I tried not to disturb the crud while taking the thing apart. What I found further supports the idea she has had a relatively easy life.

The insides were as clean as a whistle.

The needle and mixture control hardly register anywhere.

Apart from the fuel bowl nut/drain, there isn't a single bruise on any of the brass bits. Even the throttle linkage is un worn.

I cut a new bowl gasket and put it all back together as it was. Here is the after shot.

I will have to replace the copper fuel line, but that can wait.

The choke return spring was an interestin bit of farm mechanics. A sprong was fixed to the wire crom the dash control. The other end was fixed to a loop of wire passing through the drain hole on the engine pan and around the back end of the pan. No holes drilled cor this fix.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 03:11 am:

(Message edited by davidn on December 21, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 04:43 am:

I love old finds like this, especially when needed repairs are not that great!

In NZ it is common to have copper fuel lines, but with a loop near the tank end. To my knowledge there have been no serious line fractures in the NZ club (at least none I have heard of).

(Please, if it works for you - then it works, I am not negating steel lines at all)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

It has always amazed me (and not much really does), that so many of the best and nicest parts I have ever found, were the ones that looked the worst when I found them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

Wonderful finds!
That really looked crummy from the onset.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration