Show us your TOY model Ts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Show us your TOY model Ts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:02 am:

Would Love to see your TOY Model Ts or a
Collection of Toys if you have any.
What is the oldest, Rarest etc...
I have a couple of Decanters and toys.
Would love to know what else is out there.
Cheers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:19 am:

Last year in a weak moment, I bought one of the supposed dealer promo salt and pepper shaker Ts on Ebay:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:51 am:

That reminds me, I have a photo etched early touring car kit somewhere that I still need to build.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Buddy L:

Budy L

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

Wow, very nice so far. Anymore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 02:28 pm:

toy T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

Here is what I have. A reproduction cast iron penny bank. Pencil sharpener,debatable if the sharpener is a Model T, and a 1925 Model T Roadster model kit with Laurel and Hardy figures.The model kit is a favorite of mine since I have a 1925 Roadster and Laurel and Hardy are my favorite comedians.Only wish I still had my wind up Tin toy Model T's from when I was a kid.They'd zip around the floor,go in circles and zip around again. No batteries just wind it up.

model t toysmodel t toys

model t toys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Tim - like this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 04:58 pm:

Hey, a 2 lever!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Manoff on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

My dad gave me this little Matchbox "models of yesteryear" Model T touring when I was a little kid. It was my prized possession and I credit my love of Antique automobiles to this toy. None of my older members of my family or friends as a youngster was into antique cars, but because of this little T, I couldn't wait to be old enough to own my very own "Old Time Car" as I used to call them. I bought my first T at 17 yrs old and built a speedster which I still have 35 yrs later.
ToddT Touring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 05:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Manoff on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 05:13 pm:

Motorized Model T coupe. Not sure the vintage, but I would think late 1960's.
ToddCoupe toy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

The link below will take you to one of the best toy/miniature Model T cars I have ever seen. This thing actually runs! Someone put a lot of time and effort into this.

https://www.facebook.com/clubvehiculos.antiguoslapampa/videos/1595619670498531/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

A friend made these for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 06:42 pm:

Dallas, those wooden toy cars are really cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

A screenshot of the model I linked to above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Paul,
Have more than 1 toy:

And yes there is more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

MODEL T CARS 001.jpg

Just a small portion of the collection

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 07:07 pm:

I like these tin keywind "Flivers" produced by Bing in Germany. They were made as a coupe, roadster, touring and sedan. Nice detail. It's still possible to find them in very nice condition too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Terry,when were the key wind T's made. I know that I had two in the early 1960's. Made very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 03:39 am:

Hey Mark,
The main rod is loose on the other side of your 1947 American Flyer Atlantic engine! I can get you the special nut to keep it on, if you need it.
Here's some of my T models with a Model A I restored some decades ago (long since sold off).

The Pickup with a more appropriate background!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Augustinovich on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 06:29 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:00 am:

I found this model at a junk store years ago.Wheel broke,parts missing. I kept it a long time and found a fellow on another website that said he would fix it for me.And he did a fine job but just could not find a hood for it.

I see another 1 posted above like this I was just given last week. I think it says 1955 on the bottom..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

The all black large T was my brothers from about 1965, the other 2 large ones I got at a garage sale they are about 10 inches long

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 02:34 pm:

My father's toys: (1) Buddy L Model T Coupe; (2) a wind-up tin Model T Center-door Sedan with funny 1920's slang expressions hand painted on the panels. Such expressions include:
"This is a Henry, not a Lizzie"
"Shakes well while using"
"Still going strong"
"Chickens, here's your coupe"
"Leap In Lina"
"Honest weight, no springs"

Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 02:35 pm:

All this nostalgia and being so close to Christmas has me looking for that Model T tinplate I had as a kid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patterson - Medical Lake, WA on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 01:24 am:

Re: Model T Toys - Ive been collecting plastic and die-cast metal Model T toys for over 60 years and currently have around 100 toy models in scales of 1:12, 1:16, 1:24, 1:32, and 1:43. I use the 1:43's with my "027 guage" Lionel electric train which I set up around out Christmas tree annually. Lot's of memories with all these toys. Also have 3 real Model T's and a Model A.Toy Model T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 11:07 pm:

Here are some more of My T toys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

More

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 07:56 am:

This is a model of my first attempt at building a speedster.Pic1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 11:33 am:

Note to David D, the AF went to auction and I no longer have it. Thank you for the offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 11:38 am:

Tom Butterworth

Merry Christmas
You are missing a foot of the white stuff!

Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

Tom Butterworth - All I can say is,.....WOW!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 08:49 pm:

Thanks to ALL who responded. Some great toys out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

Check this model out
http://www.scalemotorcars.com/content.php?r=305-scratch-built-stock-ford-model-1 -8-th-scale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

Scroll down on previous link to see details of build

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 09:59 am:

Here are a few photo's of some of my toys, Bob

There are some non Model T's but a lot of them are and mixed in the cases

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 10:20 am:

Sorry for the sideways photo - can't seem to get it to post in proper orientation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Here is one of mine. If you subscribe to the Times there will be an article about some of my other 1:24 scale T's coming soon. Please forgive the "brand X" Thomas Flyer. Brass T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

Replying to Tom Butterworth's post above - very nice speedster model! After seeing your model, it reminded me that we have the "full size" model of what looks like the same car here at the Ford dealership where I work in Dallas, Texas. Just thought you would enjoy seeing it too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

Mr. Bergstadt, that is borderline show-off. None the less, most impressive. My envy is showing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 12:37 am:

I think Bob just won.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 01:35 am:

Mark, Rats, thought I'd found another T guy who also was into American Flyer! Oh well. . . .
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:29 am:

Mike,

I believe that may be the car built by Bill Barth that won Grand Champ at Greenfield Village Old Car Festival in the early 80's. It had headlights that turned with the steering. It looks as if the one you've pictured has that feature. NICE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

Here is a little Truck I made for my son almost 50 years ago.

We still have it. ( Pictured Below )

Around 10 years ago I made some for his sons.

Best regards, John Page , Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 04:13 pm:

Here is one I started seven years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

And two more that I made for my Grandsons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:24 am:

Jerry you are right Bill Barth built that car. When I first meet Bill he had just finished it. I was hooked and built my first T the red speedster.Pic1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:07 am:

I'm really digging those home made wooden Model T toys. I wonder if the magazine would be interested in running an article with plans on how to make them in an issue a couple months before Christmas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:33 am:

Well they can always take a survey to find out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration