OT - A Rarity becomes another 'Bitsa'

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - A Rarity becomes another 'Bitsa'
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 02:12 pm:

The gall of it all! They're going to 'RESTORE IT"!

http://www.powernationtv.com/post/rare-marmon-model-l-found-after-50-years

"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 02:50 pm:

This might be a more direct link:

https://youtu.be/LfAWWw1esgk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

Cool survivor. Good thing I didn't find it.
I'd just wash it, get it going safely, try to wear it out and enjoy every second wind mile!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 12:20 am:

That's what I'd do Duey, got to love that patina .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 03:23 am:

While Marmon's are somewhat rare there are many that have been restored and continue the fine reputation earned when sold originally. Even Henry Ford commuted to work in a Marmon when he finally "made it" and could afford the luxury!!!! There will be a joint Marmon, Stutz, and CCCA meet in Gettysburg Pa. in May 2018. I don't know how many Marmons will be there but we will be with our 1927 E-75 Four Passenger Speedster. Marmon won the first Indy 500 in 1909 with a car called a Wasp. They continued production and growth into the finest luxury automobiles (competing with Stutz, Cadilac, and Packard) until 1933 when they over extended financially and eliminated production of automobiles but sometime later built road tractors that were famous for their dependability and heavy hauling. I hope the person that has this Marmon will join the Marmon club and meet some of the finest people in the antique car interest. They have a wealth of knowledge and are always willing to support one another, (like our T people).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 06:34 am:

R.S., was that the same Marmon as in the Marmon-Herrington four wheel drive conversions on Ford trucks and pickups in the '40's,'50's, and '60's? I've always wondered about that. I remember seeing Marmon trucks back in the late '60's, early,'70's. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 09:00 am:

Hopefully one day in the future I'll be passed our families 1927 Little Marmon. Not sure when my gpa bought the car but it's a pleasure to drive, it' been restored though back to 1927 standards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 09:04 am:

A rare Mormon car. I wonder how many rare Model T Fords are lurking in barns and out buildings to be discovered? Say what is a rare Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil McKay on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 09:22 am:

Marmon, not Mormon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 09:28 am:

Maybe it was owned by a Mormon?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 09:28 am:

Sorry. I take full responsible for the AI spell check actions in and of my computer. Thank you for the correction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 10:01 am:

Cool, My cousin has a 1930 Marmon Roosevelt. Belonged to his father, my grandfather's brother. Been in the family for over 50 years. It's going to get to see the daylight this coming spring. Planning on getting it back in running order. Still in un-restored original condition. I can still remember my grandfather and his brother heading off on rides in that car back when I was a little kid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 10:06 am:

I think it is too far gone to just drive. Needs a full rebuild. Not much point in putting a new interior in and not getting the wood right, and not much point having rust hanging off. Might as well do a nice sensitive rebuild, using as much original content as possible. Then take it out and drive it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 10:36 am:

Matthew Weaver, you simply cannot post information on a car like that, without pictures. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Agree with Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

Well, I'll ask if I we can go get some pictures of it over Christmas. When I looked at it a year ago the mice or moths had not been kind to the bottoms of the door panels on the passenger side door. Car has been stored in a dry garage ever since I've been around (43 years). It's supposedly one of 2 Marmons registered in the WV. It made several trips from Preston County to Winchester, VA over US RT.50 in its lifetime. His dad took it to the car show in Winchester over Mothers Day weekend for many years. At least I think it was over Mothers Day weekend. Not sure they even have it anymore.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration