OT - Help With Trailer ID

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Help With Trailer ID
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

A slightly demented friend of mine bought this thing today. It came out of a nearby ranch. Any clues as to maker, date of manufacture, etc? Also, does anybody have any information about the hub innards? He wants to clean it up and use it as a business prop, old style equipment. I may even drag it with my TT.

It's about 12' 6" axle to axle with a track of about 4' 6". I may be looking for data that does not exist, could be home made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

Looks like a wagon. Impliment wheels.
Photo quality wont let me get a better look on my phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Looks like someone cut the steel tires off the wheels and welded the car type rims on. Unless you can find manufactures marks on the hubs, probable anything else that would tell who made it would be long gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

Homemade trailer made from angle iron and steel pieces found around a working farm. The wheels are off of some type of implement wagon or equipment. I have a 50's era pull behind spray rig that has wheels almost like these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 03:12 pm:

Thanks for your comments! You've pretty much confirmed what I was thinking.

Sorry for the poor photo quality. Light was bad and time was short....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

I used to have a small gravity box on a running gear like that and i think the one i had was IH.Straight roller bearings like the rear end of a T only larger.Depending on the tire size say 600x16" it might have came new with drop center rims.Grease it and if the steering is good you should make 35 mph. Did i say grease it? Bud. Is the reach all steel or wood?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration