1927 ford truck bed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1927 ford truck bed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C. S. Ananth - India on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 12:20 am:

We are restoring a 1927 Ford T Truck. Can anyone please clarify whether the bed should have the wood finish or is it painted body colour.

Wishing Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

C.S.Ananth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 01:59 am:

I took these photos at the Virginia Transportation Museum in 2011.
Truck 1
truck 2
Truck 3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 02:02 am:

License plate says 1929 which makes it an "A", close as I could get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 06:28 am:

I think it is a matter of preference. I have a '25 T pickup. The bed is southern hard pine as original and is painted black. All of the folks I talked to who are well known T "originalists" said the bed should be painted black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 10:35 am:

Are you referring to a TT truck, or a pickup? Bill, above has the information correct for pickups.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration