Wheeler-Schebler FA carburetor opinions?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wheeler-Schebler FA carburetor opinions?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Rini on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 03:01 am:

My T sat for too long, and I have a varnished up NH carburetor. I also have a Wheeler-Schebler FA that I'm tempted to run. Any thoughts or experiences to relate?

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 10:47 am:

There are 2 versions of the FA. They are set and leave carbs. I run type with the enricher needle and have the other type on the shelf. I have run both types in the past. The early type has two needles that you set and leave. The later one has an enricher needle, when you start or need a richer mixture you pull the cable the lifts the main needle up. It also is more or less set and leave. They are a straight thru type carb. If you have the choke neck that is a plus. I think the one with the two set and leave needles might be Schebler's answer to the Stromberg OE and the one with the enricher needle the OF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

How do you set the two needles?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NSAJqp7N9g&feature=youtu.be

Here are some general instructions for the Schebler carb;
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/178403.html?1293175153

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration