Center Door Rear View Mirrors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Center Door Rear View Mirrors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Did the 1915-1922 Two Door sedans have any factory mirrors? I see many that have a mirror installed on the front A pillar, but I hate to drill the body unless there was something factory issued. Right now I have installed one on the door hinge which puts it further back but may work fine. On the inside, someone mounted a mirror on the windshield frame which moved when the windshield was open. I extended it back 1 1/2" and mounted it to the header, which seems to work well. I will appreciate any comments or ideas. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Mine just has the inside mirror. I'm like you I don't want to drill holes and may just leave it as it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 11:36 am:

There would not have been any sold by Ford mirrors installed when the car was new.
Question would be; how much do you drive the car and how safe do you want to be when doing so?
If the car is loaded on a trailer and taken to a car show or just driven around your "hood, guess what you have now would be ok.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 05:59 pm:

Some idiot mounted side lamps on my '22 Centerdoor on the windshield pillars so I have holes there already. I have been looking for side mirrors that I can mount there to cover the holes without success so far. I have no rear view mirror and visibility in a Centerdoor is limited at best. I can find no evidence of a rear view, as opposed to side view, mirror on my mostly unmolested Centerdoor. I tired a mirror on the hinge of the door but it is too far back to work for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Can you fabricate an arm to attach at the visor bracket? It would take some doing but might save from having to punch more holes in the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

That is a good idea Walter. I will have to look and see if the brackets could support the weight and the vibration. Thx!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

I was thinking something that would share existing visor screws. Unfortunately, since I don't yet have a Centerdoor of my own to reference, I'm purely thinking out loud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:31 am:

After reading this, I went back out and took a better look at the car. I then saw the screws holding the rain gutter on and built a bracket that uses two of those screws to hold it on. I got longer screws and they have plenty of grip, and it holds the mirror securely. I will know more once the snow is gone to see if it is stable enough. Thanks, Kurt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:15 am:

There ya go Kurt!! Ingenuity~ Merry Christmas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:22 am:

Somewhere I read recently where someone recommended using a slightly convex mirror saying it will cut down on the bluriness from vibration we have all seen from using flat glass. I wish I could remember so I could credit the person.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration