Questions re 1909-10 steering column

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Questions re 1909-10 steering column
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 01:36 pm:

Are the 09-10 steering columns angled differently than later columns. I know they are shorter, but wondering if I can shorten a later column by cutting off some at the top. If they are angled differently I assume the steering column bracket is also unique to these years, correct? I also need to know if the shaft itself is shorter.
I would think it would be, but I can shorter a later shaft if so. Any help is appreciated.
Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

Richard, My 1909 Steering Column #220 is 20 inches to the lower flange. The shaft is 51 inches long. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

Thank you Glen. I'll keep that info handy.
Much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

Richard, The early column is a steeper angle than the later one. The early (1909-10) angle is 47.5 degrees, whereas the angle afterwards is 50.25 degrees. The lower bracket (on the frame) is unique to 1909-10 as well. Hope this helps.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration