Merry Christmas and Happy Newyear fellow T'ers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Merry Christmas and Happy Newyear fellow T'ers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 05:33 am:

Well - here in Denmark the evening of 24th December is where we gather and celebrate, exchange gifts etc, while I know that in the US it is in the Morning the 25th.
Anyway - I think it's time now to start a thread where we wish each other a Merry Christmas and Happy Newyear with a lot of Model T cruising!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 05:37 am:

Merry Christmas To You Michael ...... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:14 am:

Actually, Michael, Christmas customs in the US vary by family and it is often based on the family's national origins.It's really something that we tend to do the way our parents did. In my family, we always opened presents Christmas morning, but I had friends who did it on Christmas Eve. There are also food variations - I remember being quite surprised when I found out that my Italian American friends always had pasta as part of the Christmas meal. :-)

In any case, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to you as well...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:27 am:

In my family, it was always Christmas morning growing up. When I had children, I started putting the children to bed early, then bring out their presents and in about 10 minutes would yell Ho HO HO and have the children get up an open presents. This way I could sleep in on Christmas morning...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all....

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Michael and all, I got an unexpected Christmas present - not on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, but yesterday. I got a text from my son that his girlfriend said "Yes" and that they are now engaged! We're a happy family this Christmas :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 11:04 am:

We went to my mother's side of the family Christmas eve and to my dad's side Christmas morning. My Dad's side is where most of the cousins were so more children there.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 11:38 am:

Dick.....Our son proposed on the beach at sunrise this past summer, destination wedding in Brazil. Also we're still enjoying your egg nog recipe ..... hic !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

Fröhliche Weihnachten to all! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Dick, as kids we opened our presents on Christmas eve, but that was because Minnesota is closer to the North Pole than you were. It was one nice advantage of living farther north than some because Santa just hit us before you. It's all about timing, Merry Christmas to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Bob, this was more of a destination proposal than a destination wedding. Reenee's brother is in the US Foreign Service and stationed in Benin in West Africa. Matthew and Reenee, along with Reenee's parents, all went there for Christmas. The proposal was on the beach there. The wedding will be in Baltimore, so a bit less exotic.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

Dick: Still the same young romantics we have as sons. Merry Christmas !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Best wishes,

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration