Vintage speedster photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Vintage speedster photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 06:44 am:

Just curious your thoughts on this photo. It was
Suggested the gentleman were salesmen for the
Tractor company that is shown. Also if anyone knows a source for the type driving clothes they're wearing I'd like to hear about it.Pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent bassani Califon, NJ on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 07:36 am:

Could be military. I think they're wearing spats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent bassani Califon, NJ on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 07:37 am:

And riding pants

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 07:44 am:

The banner on the T is the only thing that leads to them being Pioneer Tractor salesmen. Company sponsored car? I'm going to try and recreate the
Photo once I get my speedster done. Would be great to find the period correct clothes they're wearing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 07:55 am:

Here's a costume supplier.

https://vintagedancer.com/1900s/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 08:57 am:

re-created photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:25 am:

Lol! See my profile pic. 😀

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:26 am:

Lol! See my profile pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:29 am:

Same picture:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/807390.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Didn't know Duey had posted it. We go to the same church together! Lol! Or maybe it was the Pioneer Days saloon. Hard to remember. Things get kinda crazy at church. I was pretty excited when I got the photo. Our Pioneer is a 1912 model, To give some reference to when they were built.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

Judging by the time of night I started the pic/thread, we may very well could have been at church for quite awhile in the evening!
Shoot, I thought our text conversation was on Friday or Saturday evening... ;-)
Nice to see you rousting this back into the arena! It is a VERY cool pic and worth repeating!
Welcome to the forum!
p.s. Your photo didn't stick on your profile. :-/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 05:20 am:

The guy on the passenger side is in civvies. The driver is in a doughboy uniform, probably home on leave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 05:24 am:

here's a pic....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

Thanks Duey!! Hamm's it shall be!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

Yesss! It worked! Check out Michael's profile. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration