OT: canít drive with the flu

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT: canít drive with the flu
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 08:01 am:

Started my yearly two week December vacation the other day and promptly came down with a bad case of the flu. Didnít get my shots in time this year. Took me three days to evolve where I could just walk around the house. Couldnít even read or work on the laptop ...argg. Iím better today but am still coughing and I suspect driving the T wonít happen for another couple of weeks. So make sure you get your flu shots all you old codgers ! (Iím 62 ... but feel a lot older today)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 08:17 am:

Sorry,
I had it too, was in bed two days, no food, coughing, no work, no internet, couldn't work on the T. I want to get over the contagious stage before visiting folk over the holidays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 08:24 am:

Hope you guys get to feeling better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:25 am:

It's no fun being sick. It does make us appreciate being well.
I hope you're feeling better soon.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:55 am:

I am finishing my 3rd week. First week coughing and just sitting around. Sleeping part of the night in recliner because of coughing. Achy or shivering. Second week I felt better but still cough and nasal discharge. But wife got it and she had to sleep in the recliner all night because of coughing when she laid down. Then I had to do things I haven't done in years, such as cooking, dishwashing, clothes washing etc. As well as mopping, vacuuming etc. I then realized how much work she has been doing for the last 60 years. She even did more when the 5 kids were young! Now I just have sinus infection and am more tired than usual, and she is on the mend. She even left this morning to do the weekly shopping.

Anyway, this years bug is a nasty one and lasts a long time.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

Yes ... both my wife and I caught it. Between the two of us we didn't make one productive person. She's a little farther ahead in her recovery. We think we caught it while on a trip to New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. Amazing how it makes everything hurt. Much better now. Lots of liquids ... epsom salts baths ... breathing steam really helped.

We are past the worst and have to drive six hours to visit family. Taking turns driving now. When I get back after the vacation I have surgery to remove a kidney stone that win't come out any other way. Then a few days recovery. A little time to finish rebuilding my wonky ignition switch tumbler. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 01:50 pm:

Screwed around for years not getting anything bad enough to sideline me until 5 years back. Man I got whacked but good. 3 solid days in sox and a jogging suit under plenty of covers. 1 more after that to get normal. I've taken the shot every year since. Knock on wood been OK too. Actually new GP kind of insists on it. ("at you're age,blah, blah, ect.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James L. Bodkin - Jim on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

We may be in trouble this year! According to the CDC, the flu vaccine used in the U.S. this year is the exact same formulation that was used during Australia's most recent flu season -- which typically sets a pattern for what the U.S. will face -- and it was only 10 percent effective there. Keep washing your hands!!

Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration