Trip to the mill not wasted

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Trip to the mill not wasted
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:30 am:

I left just after daylight for the Amish feed mill for some horse feed. Turns out the mill was closed so for the 15 mile round trip I came home with no feed. Lucky for the horses I dont wait till Im out of feed. I did not waist the trip. I got kerosene for the shop and stopped at the bank. The bonus was some new snow and no salt trucks. Here is the real bonus!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:33 am:

Traffic was heavy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:37 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:46 am:

Yessss. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:50 am:

It's nice to see that wonderful car out in the real world and weather. I suspect the new top makes it even better. I have had my Coupe out several times since the snow. What great folks express joy in seeing it and telling us their stories.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:51 am:

Probably liking that new top today.

Nice pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:59 am:

Yes, the top is a plus. Everyone asks if the heater works. I laugh and tell them the real story. Now I must put a farm patch on the hole in the top of the front fender. The wet roads throw water onto that new top. 3-4 inches of new snow tomorrow will be a nice Christmas eve present to go for a drive. The grandkids will want a ride tomorrow for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:28 am:

Do Amish buggy's have heaters ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:38 am:

Dick, they do have heaters. Propane. The newer ones have roll up doors,fenders,heaters and LED lights and turn signals. Juice brakes and very nice interior. I am out classed in the T buy a horse drawn vehicle. Since I have 20 horses I still win the speed thing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Dallis, thank you for giving us some time in your busy life,super little FORD,being used as it should be.the road is wet, but the surrounding land is cold enough to keep the snow from melting.in Vermont they would have spread salt and sand two inch thick,we old Vermonters got around for years without all that salt,the roads were sanded every once in a while.I live on a dirt road but just a mile from tar, so winter fun with my 21 pickup is out of the question.when I was a lad my dad had a 31 model a pickup with 19 inch wire wheels,it got us every where with no problems, spring time was a whole different story,MUD,two feet deep,more than once he had to leave it down the road and carry the grub in.one time I remember very well the little ford sunk deep in the mud,it was late,so he was going to get it out in the morning,it turned cold and the FORD froze in,what a job chopping the frozen muck enough to get it out,then useing hot water to melt what was froze to the wheels.did not mean to rattle on so, but life here in Vermont used to be a time to remember that's for shure. yesterday it snow'd six inch,to day its raining,if I could take my family with me I would go back to the GOOD OLE DAYS this afternoon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 11:02 am:

I wish it would snow around here. The weatherman keeps threatening us but it hasn't happened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 11:03 am:

I thought you had a project on the Bridgeport !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Richard, those stories are priceless. The fellow I am named after "Dallas" used to tell stories of how bad the roads were. He said deep snow and in the spring the cars were stuck in the mud on the road. They would walk to the farm and he would hitch a team and go drag them to high ground. He drove a milk truck in the late 30's and said in the swampy areas you could feel the logs under the dirt road rolling with the weight of the truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 11:26 am:

Nice pictures Dallas! A little east of Emma,and a tad south!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 11:31 am:

Sweet !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 11:34 am:

Dallas do they use mag chloride back there? They did here so I have to wait for dry roads or piles of snow before taking my old stuff out in the winter. Looks like fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 11:39 am:

Bud, you know the area.
Mark, they do but we had a warm up with rain and I hit the road early so treatment on the roads. Temps in low 30's so people wont have to be saved from the dangerous roads. It will be gone by afternoon.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration