Christmas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Christmas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

I AM STANDING OUT ON MY FRONT DRIVE WAY "SHOUTING

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL

I KNOW MY CAPS LOCK IN ON FOR THE GOOD REASON

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL
OF THE MODEL T'RS HERE ON THE FORUM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 03:25 pm:

Merry Christmas, Bill, and Happy New!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Robbins on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

Bill,

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!

Please go out and yell again and I'll go out and listen...I didn't hear you here in Ohio the first time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 04:01 pm:

HO! HO! HO! HO! HO! HO! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

Tis a reason to get seasoned !! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

MERRY CHRISTMAS back at you.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Carpenter on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

If you see Father Christmas at work on Christmas eve,
you'd better take a photograph - or no one will believe
and children the world over surely will insist
that Santa and his reindeer really do exist!

Happy Christmas to one and all!!
Ken Carpenter, France.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

dont leave anybody out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bASvwP2U_m8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

MERRY MERRY BILL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 06:05 pm:

HAY BILL ......

HEAR YA LOUD AND CLEAR ON THE EAST COAST .....

FJ In Connecticut

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

I was on a hay-ride, Christmas-caroling ride around a small, really neat, nearby town a few years ago and a lady would shout, from time to time,
"Merry XXXXXXX Christmas!!!"
Her style was questionable for this forum but in that small town? Expected. And at the very least tolerated!
Her notions/feelings? Right on the money.
Such fun we had! The feelings are the same tho.
Merry Christmas Bill!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 01:00 am:

Anyone who knows me could tell you that I worry little about being politically correct so I too still say Merry Christmas and will tell anyone who will listen that Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 01:27 am:

Hi merry xmass to all the t people out there from New Zealand , cheers Gerry (NZ)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Some folks will find mixing the subject of Christmas with the subject of the Bible offensive. Those folks should skip my entry to this thread.

The Bible was written over a period of about 1,500 years and it talks about a period of time covering about 5,000 years. The earliest written book of the Bible is The Book of Job. You won't find it starting on the first page, though. The reason for this is that once the canon of the Bible was finalized with the Book of Revelation (written by the apostle, John), which covers the end times, the 66 books were organized according to category: Historic (like Genesis), poetic (like Song of Solomon), Psalms, etc., and of course, these books were arranged according to Old and New Testaments — Old Testament being Jewish scripture established before the birth of Jesus and New Testament being those writings which start with the story of Jesus and continue with Christian doctrinal letters (or epistles) written or dictated by apostles.

The sixty-six Biblical books were chosen as being authoritative by a method called "Biblical criticism " (Please Google that), the requirements of which are strict enough to assure that the Bible is indeed free of any parts that were not inspired by God.

Getting the Old Testament was easy enough; that had already been assembled by the Jewish patriarchs and their descendants. These included a lot of prophetic material predicting such things as the birth of the Messiah in Bethlehem, His betrayal for the price of 30 pieces of silver, details about His crucifixion (and crucifixion would not be invented as a form of execution until Roman times, a long, long way off in the future), etc.

Even the existence of Israel today—with Jerusalem as its capital in its original spot—is a remarkable fulfillment of Biblical prophecy, especially considering that Jerusalem was wiped out by the Romans in 70 AD (as prophesied by Jesus Himself), the Jews then being scattered all over the world as refugees. Yet, that already most ancient of civilizations, even without a country, managed to remain cohesive as a people (along with their language, Hebrew) until Israel was re-established some 2,000 years later in 1948! This was prophesied in the Old Testament Book, Isaiah, Chapter 11, verses 11 and 12:

11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

That should send chills down your spine. If that's not a genuine, documented miracle of God, I don't know what is. What more proof of the Bible's authority could a reasonable person ask? Oh, and look at the word, "remnant." That's what was left after the Holocaust only three years previous to the second advent of Israel.

If one were to wake up and smell the coffee — one might find it brewing in Israel, where millions of Jews still speak the ancient language of God, Hebrew.
THAT is solid documentation of the Bible's authority.

Okay, now on to a brief explanation of the New Testament (yeah, yeah... as if you didn't already know):
The New Testament consists of four gospels, which cover basically the same material about the life of Jesus and are the accounts of four separate eyewitnesses:
Matthew, who was an apostle and a witness to the Jews;
Luke, a physician who was an associate of the apostle, Paul and a witness to the educated;
Mark, who was an associate of Peter the apostle and a witness to the Romans;
John, the apostle closest to Jesus, who wrote such scriptures as:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
and...
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

After the four Gospels, the remaining books of the New Testament are letters (or 'epistles') written or dictated by apostles who, of course, were familiar enough with the Lord that they could write authoritatively on His teachings and thereby establish the early Christian church.

Yeah, I know... this didn't sound very Christmasy. Lemme fix that: Happy birthday Jesus!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 09:22 am:

Agree with Bob Coiro, " The reason for the Season"

All religions serve as a basis for that community as a guide for peaceful existence, as a way of life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Tommy Coffey's response "nailed it perfectly". MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, it has been enjoyable to meet new friends on the Forum. And to all, "a healthy and prosperous New Year". Thank you MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Pfau on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 09:39 am:

Merry Christmas everyone. I sure enjoy your posts all year 'round!
I'll look forward to another Hershey get together in 2018
Safe travels and good times with family to all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 09:39 am:

For a moment I thought "What?" I haven't wrapped the presents or filled out the cards. Oh - I'm still "OK" -- it's only Christmas Eve -- whew!

Merry Christmas everyone! Or Happy Holidays if you prefer that greeting!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 09:47 am:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 10:03 am:

Merry Christmas to everyone from the Great White North, otherwise known as CANADA! Not white here today but it was yesterday until it turned warm and rained. Back below freezing today and snow predicted for tomorrow so we will have a white Christmas. Leaving for the sunny south right after the New Year and looking forward to the Winter Auto Fest in Lakeland, FL. If you see me there, stop and say HI!. I'll be the guy with the grey beard and the red CANADA hat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 10:22 am:

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 10:25 am:

Have a Merry Christmas!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 11:07 am:

have a cool yule

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Buon Natale a tutti!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Macky Mongold on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 11:30 am:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 11:53 am:

It's the most wonderful time of the year,because of Jesus birth!
Merry Christmas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

When my eldest grandson (33) was just a little guy of about 4 years old, I asked him if he knew the real meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate it. Of course, I expected him to answer with things like Santa Claus, presents, Christmas tree, ect, etc. An of course, "Grandpa" was all set to explain it all to him in basic, easy to understand detail.

Well, he about knocked me over with his absolutely instant answer,.....sure "took the wind out of Grandpa's sails"!

His instant answer with absolutely no hesitation was,......"Sure I know Grandpa,.....it's a birthday party for Jesus"!

I can honestly say that to this day, roughly 30 years later, I've never heard an easier to understand or more basic answer! And the proof of that (to me anyway) is that 30 years later, that answer from a 4 year old, has stuck with me as well as anything else I was ever taught !

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!! ..... harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY T NEW YEAR.

New Years Wish.
May Your T always start on the second pull and never leak more oil than You have to refill it.

My First T Christmas
NOVICE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Brintnall on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 01:34 pm:

Merry Christmas to each of you! I enjoy your posts and love the old pictures. Allen Brintnall SWMo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

Well to add a foot note to my first post on Saturday Dec. 23, at 3:21pm EST I guess I opened a big can of worms and I feel kinda proud I did !

Again I want to to wish each and everyone that made a post a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all Young or old! Then a week from now a "HAPPY NEW YEAR and may it be a healthy and wealthy one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 02:04 pm:

Fröhliche Weihnachten an alle!!

And to all a good night!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

GOD JUL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 03:00 pm:

Happy Christmas from Vern

Years ago, for a progressive Christmas dinner for twenty people, I was asked to give the devotion to theological students here in New Orleans and since I had taken the Greek and Hebrew in Seminary, I translated the literal Christmas Story, including all the proper names of people and places. The culture of 2000 years ago used names which were actual things, not made up syllables but no English translation has ever translated the names, albeit merely transliterating the sounds. Here it is for those who want to hear what it would have sounded like 2000 years ago, if they spoke English back then:

Luke 2:1 39
And it became in the days of those, came out a decree from Severed The One Seeing, to be registered all the inhabited world. This registration first became of Authority's governing of Exalted. And were proceeding all, to get registered, each into the city of oneself. But arose Let Him Add from Region of Circle from the city of The Guarded One into Praised into the city of Beloved which is called House Of Bread because of his being oneself out of the house and family of Beloved; to get registered together with Their Rebellion the one engaged to himself, being pregnant. But it became so that while they to happen there, were fulfilled the days of her to give birth. And she gave birth the son of her, the first born and she wrapped him in torn cloth and she laid him in the feeding trough because was not their place in the lodging. And herdsmen were in the region, the same, remaining outdoors, and guarding watches of the night upon the flock of them. And messengers of the Master approached them and glory of Master shone around them and they became frightened to fear great. And he said to them, the messenger, "Not become frightened, Look! Listen! for I have good news to you, joy great will be to all the people that was born to you today a savior who is the Anointed One, Master in a city of Beloved. And this to you is the sign; you will find a baby wrapped in torn cloth and lying in a feeding trough. And suddenly became together with the messenger a crowd of heavenly army praisings to God and saying "Glory in highest to God and unto the earth peace in men of good will." And it became as though the messengers left from them into the heaven, the herdsmen spoke towards one another, "Should we not pass through, indeed as far as House Of Bread and should we not see this thing that has happened which the Master has made known to us?" And they came hurrying and they found her, both Their Rebellion and Let Him Add, and the baby lying in the feeding trough. But seeing, they made known concerning the matter of the saying to them concerning this baby. And all the ones hearing marveled concerning the saying by the herdsmen towards them. But Their Rebellion all protected these matters, discussing in the heart of hers. And returned the herdsmen glorifying God on all that they had heard and seen just as it was said to them. And when were fulfilled the days of him to be circumcised, was called the name of him IAM Is Salvation, the name by the messenger before he was conceived in the womb. And were fulfilled the days of the cleansing of him into Set Your Double Peace to present to the Master. Just as it was written in a Law of the Master that all males opening a womb, set apart to the Master will be called. And to give a sacrifice according to that was said in the Law of the Master, a pair of doves or two young pigeon. And Look! Listen! A man was in Set Your Double Peace whose name was Harkening and this man, righteous and devout, was waiting for comfort of Strive With God and the Set Apart Breath was upon him. And it was to him, having been disclosed a revelation by the Set Apart Breath, not to see death before he might had seen the Anointed One of the Master. And he came by the Breath into the temple while the parents brought in the infant IAM Is Salvation in order to perform them according to the custom of the law about him. And he received him into the arms and he blessed God and said, "Now you release the slave of you, slave owner, according to the utterance of you in peace. Since have seen, the eyes of me, the salvation of you which you have prepared according to, in the face of all of the peoples; a light into revelation of nations and to glory of the people of you, Strive With God." And it was, the father of him and the mother are marveling because of the sayings being about him. And he blessed them, Harkening, and he said to Their Rebellion the mother of him, "Look! Listen! this one, he destines to a fall and resurrection of many in Strive With God and into a sign, being controversial. And of you, the self of you, a sword will pass through, in order that dialogs out from many hearts might be revealed. And was Mercy, a prophetess, a daughter of Face Of God out of the tribe of Happy. She having advanced in many days, having lived with husband seven years from her virginity, and she was a widow until year eighty-four who not left the temple fastings and prayers, worshiping night and day. And she that hour approaching, gave thanks to God and she spoke about him to all the ones waiting for a redemption of Set Your Double Peace. And as they finished all that, according to the law of the Master, they returned into the Region Of Circle into the city of themselves, The Guarded One.
Copyright 1998

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

And as Mr. Dickens had Tiny Tim exclaim God Bless Us Everyone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

It's good to see Christmas returning to the American scene, after an eight year absence!
Merry Christmas to all from Original Smith!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

Merry Christmas All and well wishes for a Happy New Year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

Wishing all of my fellow forum members a very Merry Christmas & safe travels to see family today.

To the dozens of folks that used my transport service over this past year, it was an honest pleasure bringing your new toys to you, as well as getting to meet you all. I consider you my "Car Friends".

I was able to set my schedule so I could be home to see family over the hoildays, as well as finish my building addition & hopefully work on a couple of my toys as well.

God Bless
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration