Wiper mounting

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wiper mounting
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

I have a wiper handle and a new blade but no mounting hardware. I need to see a pic or two of the mount for a Touring, 1921, round windshield top. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

I don't have a picture, but the idea is to drill a hole in the upper frame, high enough that you don't hit the glass, and thread the wiper arm's threaded sleeve through the hole and attach the handle on the inside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 05:17 pm:

If you don't wan drill the upper frame and some don't, you can get a clamp at the vendors, most have them.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/7802.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

I think I would buy the wiper mounting bracket. If Ford didn't use one when new it would be a better idea than drilling a hole in the frame. Over the years looking for windshield frames, going to swap meets and looking for parts for my 1919 Roadster and 21 Touring I never saw a Frame that was drilled or had a wiper mounting bracket on it.
I guess I must have missed the ones that did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

I WILL NOT drill holes but I think I can modify the bracket I have to clamp onto the frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Someone did drill the frame on Henrietta, but not perpendicular to the glass! the result is a wiper which males contact with the glass in mid stroke only. The rest of the time it waves in the air.

My problem to consider is whether or not I fix it or leave it as a monument to past incompetence.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration