How high to lift ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: How high to lift ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

I'm going to pull the rear axle, to see how much damage was done, when I ran out of grease. So how high should I lift the rear end? I was thinking about lifting the frame to 24". Or should I go higher?

Next bummer, I think, I left my axle book, in the camper, that is in winter storage a 100 miles from here. Guess, I'll be ordering a new one Tuesday.

Happy Holidays!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mZzAt9Q_4k

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 11:36 pm:

I'm always impressed with Steve's videos. Looks like Steve has the rear end up nearly 3 feet.

I did find my axle booklet, so a little light reading tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 12:44 am:

The stands are 27". With the 2" square tubing on top of them the frame is 29" off the floor. Plenty of room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 12:49 am:

If you remove it by taking spring shackles apart, only need to raise and jack the frame about 6-10 inches. If you take it out with spring attached and wheels removed, less than 1 foot.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration