Scotch blocks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Scotch blocks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 12:56 am:

I carry a short piece of 4x4 with me for a scotch block. Anybody on here attach chain to their scotch block for reeling it in? My handicap makes it a little harder for me to get in and out so I'm thinking about some chain. Maybe plastic chain. I'm pretty sure that I've seen plastic at Tractor Supply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 06:13 am:

Could try one of those retractable dog leash things. Small and strong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 07:46 am:

Tommy ; Is this what you mean ?
1218M
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Barclay in west Michigan on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 08:44 am:

Toon's looks like a Dutch block. I like it. George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 08:46 am:

IF THE SHOE FITS.........:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 09:11 am:

Toon

Your T maybe won't roll, but it might walk on you some :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 09:45 am:

Tommy,

A thin rope / thick string will work also -- but the retractable dog leash stows a lot neater. You may need to back up just a little to make it easy to pull up.

Also switching to the multi-grade oil and having a good parking brake should also work. But I have seen the parking brake not hold as well as I thought it should (oil leak etc.). While the chock has always worked (except when I forgot and left it in the tool box).

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Don't use a chain or a something with a lot of tensile strength. IMO you want light cord or rope that will snap easily if the chock gets stuck somewhere you don't want it to. Just my 2C worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

And so the brake shoe was born...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Mike, I got a kick out of that. That was sole funny!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration