Form-a-truck chassis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Form-a-truck chassis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 06:26 am:

A form-a-truck chassis is for sale in southern North Carolina. It is apparently running. I have a fantasy of building a Model T camper and would buy this myself if I had the room. Otherwise I have no connection to it. https://charlotte.craigslist.org/atq/d/1917-model-1-ton/6357777848.html

Neil

Form-a-truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 06:51 am:

The Adventurer in Chicago.

The Adventurer in Chicago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 08:35 am:

Sounds like they may take a lower offer. Nice truck. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 08:39 am:

Neil,

Yes, room, time, & money -- limiting factors for many of us.

And I'm literally thinking ... I could build some ramps and pull the Model T Car project up onto the back of the Form a Truck project.... If I did that I would have room.

And if the chassis parts are in good shape - it could technically be the start of a speedster or depot hack with a "Form-a-Truck" package someone else's chassis.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Boy I like it, All I am missing is the time, space and money :-)Neat truck though

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 01:59 am:

Sounds like it is worth the $2500 they are asking for it. How fast will it go with a car axle and chains?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 02:35 am:

Varies for different form-a-truck kits. But I think the chain reduction drops them down to about the area of a 7 to 1 TT rear end. (The chain gears look to be about a two to one reduction, maybe a bit more.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

I didn't click the link when I first saw this assuming it was the form a truck portion, not a complete running gear. If we were still in Aiken, SC, it'd be in the garage !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

How much weight will one of these carry?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

William, it states "one ton". It does have solid rear tires

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

this is so cheep,if didnt have one already i would be all over it!!!!!!!!!!! charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration