Model TT weight

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model TT weight
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

I have been trying to figure out the weight of TT trucks for the following:
1924 C-Cab with flat bed
1926 closed cab without bed
Also a chassis without a cab.

I have looked, but couldn't find the info posted. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

My '18 TT has a Muncie, a '23 engine without a starter but with an alternator, a battery, a wood cab with the roof missing and a 5' X 8' wood bed. It weighs in at 2,260 pounds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

Matt,

Every TT is a different beast - weights vary.

If you are wondering about weight with regard to shipping,
estimate 3000 pounds max unless it has a heavy custom body.

For shipping purposes - height is what to know.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 06:38 pm:

My dump truck is closed cab, Warford and Ruckstell equipped. Heil crank up dump bed. It weighs 2800 lbs with me in it. I has crossed the scales at close to 6000 lbs loaded. These trucks will work for a living.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 03:22 am:

Henry and Erik, Thanks for sharing the weight of your TTs. That is helpful. I have seen the photos of both of your TTs on this forum. Both are very nice!

Jim, I am just trying to figure out if I put a custom body on a TT what the total weight would be. I am surprised that it seems to be a bit hard to find the specifications for a stock TT.

I figured that the specifications are here in plain sight, but I missed it. My guess is that a stock TT may be around 1900 lbs, but I would like to confirm.

Thanks,

Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Matt,

Merry Christmas! Yes, the information is there on the On-line Encyclopedia. You can go to the main page at: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/index.htm and then scroll down to "Weights". That main page has links to all kinds of good information on our Ts. Or you can click on: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/U-Z.htm#wghts and go direct to the Weights page.

Closed cab body (1926-27) 10/8/25 383#
1926 TT chassis 10/8/25
1577# with starter and pneumatic tires
1473# Non-starter and pneumatic tires
1617# with starter and solid rear tires
1513# Non-starter and solid rear tires

Just add the 383# to the chassis you have. (And remember it still won't be exact - i.e. demountables on the front? Clincher or balloon on the front etc. But it should be close.)

For the C-cab you need to know that the C-Cab was introduced in Jan 1924 and the Closed Cab was not introduced until Apr 1925 (ref page 354 of Bruce McCalley "Model T Ford." ) With that information we know that the TT CHASSIS WITH CAB dated 1924 is the C-cab and NOT the Closed Cab.

The early 1924 TT chassis with the C-Cab is 6# heavier than the later 1924 (1925 model year) C-Cabs. Data is for the earlier 1924 C-Cabs:

6/13/24 C-Cab and chassis
1798# C-Cab 1701 1887 1790
1798# with starter and pneumatic tires
1701# Non-starter and pneumatic tires
1887# with starter and solid rear tires
1790# Non-starter and solid rear tires

Is your flat bed the original Ford flat bed? If so it is listed but I don't know which label it really it. I.e. Platform body #452 or Stake body #588 in 1924 and 615 in 1925?

I hope that is what you were looking for.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Leonhardt on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 09:34 am:

Matt,

Merry Christmas, my Closed Cab TT Stakebed with the following: electric start, aluminum cylinder head, Ruckstell, Twin Hi-Lo Auxiliary transmission, 21" spare tire, 20" spare tire, accessory gas cans, full period correct tool box, large accessory oil container (10" X 24") weighs in at 3040 pounds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

Thanks Jeff! Sounds like a nice TT

Hap, thanks for pointing me to the Encyclopedia. I looked there but didnít think about looking up the term weight :-)

That is what I was looking for.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration