I知 in Gloucester Mass ... any car museums up here

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I知 in Gloucester Mass ... any car museums up here
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 04:37 pm:

Am visiting relatives in the Gloucester .. Rockport area for Christmas ... and a few more days. Are there any car museums or other antique auto sites up this way?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 04:39 pm:

Lars Anderson near Boston.

My garage in Newfields, :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

In Gloucester, you're not that far from Maine. In Maine is the Owls Head Museum which is well worth seeing. Further North in Maine is the Seal Cove Museum, also well worth seeing.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

Mark, Do both places that Keith said. Also if you have time, go to Lang's store. You will love it.

Pete

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

Mark,

On the immediate north shore, there's nothing. Suggest take the hour and a half ride to Lang's. You won't be disappointed at all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

Don't know if there are any car museums there, but one thing I do know is you can get Lobster cheap. I was in the area for a week and on the last day thought we would go have a special dinner and found out Lobsters are about as cheap there as hamburgers are here. I wish I had known or we would have had it several times during the week.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

Lang痴 ......

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 08:48 am:

Heritage museum Sandwich,Mass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 09:02 am:

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 09:30 am:

Collings foundation is a great place but it is open to the public only a few times a year.

Owl痴 Head is open most days from 10 to 5 but might be a bit hard to get to because of the snow.

Heritage museum regular season is over but that have a couple special events that may or may not allow visits to the auto barn.

Larz Anderson is open Tuesday thru Sunday 10 to 4 and is in Brookline just out of the Center of Boston.

In any case it would be best to call any of them before attempting a visit.

Almost forgot Lang痴 is a great idea.
Visiting their 鉄tore is a thrill. If Don is there and not busy he will take some time and show you the cars he has.
A couple years ago, my son and I picked up some parts and Don spent about a half hour showing us his vehicles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 10:03 am:

I forgot to re-mention my garage in Newfields, NH.
It it about 1/2 way between Mass and Maine.
Tours are by appointment and come with coffee and leftover Christmas cookies.
If the weather is good we might even attempt to start a Model T and tour the neighborhood.

A side benefit is the ability to view a 31 Model A Town Sedan, 3 snowblowers, and a garage full of junk. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 07:19 pm:

Seal cove up that way have to search it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Our weather report for the US, said the entire state of Maine is in a zero visibility blizzard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

I just left Connecticut earlier today to avoid that nastiness.

Folks in the Northeast are warm & generous - but the winter weather can be altogether different.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Well guys, my wife and I are visiting my sister in law who just bought her first house. Built in 1800 but modernized about 20 years ago. So the heat went out on the second floor yesterday .. then all the heat in the house this morning. The furnace is ok .. it's the flexible rubber hoses that go from the furnace to the various floors to the baseboard heaters. Flushed out the system as best we could. Then had a relief valve open just before sitting down to Christmas dinner and it spewed 50 gals of water in the basement where she still had mountains of full boxes from moving. Shut down the water valve and moved all the boxes. Restarted and it's working right now.

Been a very interesting Christmas so far. :-)

Looks like we'll stop at Lang's on the way back to Rochester on Wednesday.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration