OT - for Bud DeLong

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - for Bud DeLong
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

Speaking of ranch rodeo, I have to repeat this Baxter Black story . . .

Ranch rodeo is becoming more popular, but in general, the only folks who gather are either participating, or close family and friends of someone who is. Baxter was at a ranch rodeo, and noticed a couple who had obviously come to watch, i.e., "unattached" as per the previous observation. When things came to a close, Bax approached the couple and asked how they liked it. "Well," said the lady, "Frankly, I was a little disappointed. Most of the bucking horse riders got thrown, and the calf ropers missed a lot." Hoping to offer a suitable apology, Baxter told her, "But, you see, ma'am . . . these fellers aren't professionals. They just do this for a living."

Well, I thought it was funny . . . ; )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

Long long ago the Mich St championship rodeo was in Sparta Mi.Our 4-H club the Chippawe Trail Riders went for the weekend and camped on the grounds with all the rest.We saw a Bull get loose and be retourned to the ring by 8 riders on horesback with ropes on it. I think Jim Shoulders was all around cowboy that year and he was there.A rodeo came to town once and they had a bucking T and i knew a kid brave enough to try to ride a bull!! Nope not me! Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration