OT (xmas) a true story for this time of year....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT (xmas) a true story for this time of year....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

Just a short story here... It was about a year ago i was contacted by a fella in Pennsylvania somewhere. His name is Geno Trin. He needed some help restoring a 1922 Model T Centerdoor and thought i could answer some questions. I was able to fullfil his needs. He then told me the history of that old car. His grandpa had bought it and drove it his entire life. When he passed his dad inherited it and drove for some 20 years until he decided to give it to his son Gino. Gino was the kind of kid that would tear things apart but rarely put them back together. His dad told him not to dismantle the car because he knew it would be ruined. Gino at 17 years old tore the car apart. Last year when he called me for help he said he was now 72 years old and wanted to put his grand dads and dads car back together and asked if i could help him out. I did what i could. Today i received this via email...

Hi Don, Thanks for thinking of me and my project. Things are going slow but having some fun while learning a little. I just redid the rear end and now messing with the transmission. Not sure if Iím going to take it all apart or let it alone, as it did work well when I parked the car thirty some years ago. At my age and just wanting to drive the car a few miles a year, a complete rebuild may not be the way to go. I have a 1951 Ford pickup that I havenít put 100 miles on it in the last 5 years total Even less than that with a GTO and a 1982 Honda scooter. I also have a 2002 GMC pickup with 17,000 miles on it. Can you tell I donít get out much, LOL. My dad really loved this T b/c he grew up with them and loved driving mine but when I took it apart around 1985, he said he would never see the car again and he was right. He passed in 2003 so I just want to finish the car , put his picture on the seat and take him for a ride. I should rebuild everything but I need to put some money in my house now and I do think the car will run fine w/o a total rebuild. I hope !!! Iím having fun messing with it and thatís what itís all about. Don, I hope all is well with you and have a great Christmas too.....Geno

Never to late to do something for your parents i guess....just had to pass this on. Merry Christmas to all and God Bless.
db

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

Great story.

Merry Christmas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

Don, that story has played over and over, in a lot of different places. I'm happy that there are people like you, and that you were able to be a major part of yet another T tale. It was Christmas Day a few years ago, that I dropped Dad's Fordor off at your place :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

5 years already!!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration