Where's the picture of Henry's wheel assembly plant?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Where's the picture of Henry's wheel assembly plant?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Olsen on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 10:07 am:

I remember seeing a picture of a wheel assembly plant and would like to see it again. It seemed like there were racks upon racks of spoked wheels and workers putting them together on an assembly line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 10:12 am:

I remember seeing a film of Ford employees assembling spoked wheels; it took literally seconds for the employee to install the spokes in the wheels. (Spell-check wanted me to use the word spiked).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Here's a video showing various parts of the assembly line - wheel assembly starts at about 1:15 into the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JZQZC_bAiM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 11:58 am:

I think there were several suppliers in the early years such as the Pruden Plant in Landsing Mi which later became Motor Wheel.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Olsen on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

The video showed just what I was looking for! Thank you all.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration