How many group members does it take to change a spark plug?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: How many group members does it take to change a spark plug?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 02:05 am:

When I saw this I knew somebody has been watching us.

How many group members does it take to change a spark plug?

1 to change the spark plug and to post that spark plug has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing spark plugs and how the spark plug could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing spark plugs.
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing spark plugs.

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "spark plug" is an electrical device threaded into the cylinder of an internal-combustion engine to ignite the fuel mixture by producing timed sparks between electrodes.

2 to post that this group is not about spark plugs and to please take this discussion to a spark plug group.

27 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use spark plugs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.

16 to debate which method of changing spark plugs is superior, where to buy the best spark plugs, what brand of spark plugs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

4 to post URL's where one can see examples of different spark plugs.

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the spark plug controversy.

4 to suggest that posters request the spark plugs FAQ.

16 to post "F".

44 to ask what is a "F"?

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

3 to say "do a Google search on spark plugs before posting questions about spark plugs".

And finally one forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 02:20 am:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 03:05 am:

And another 20 to debate old restored Champion X plugs against modern replacement plugs, And if you don't use originals, your car is now a "bitzer"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 03:23 am:

The only thing wrong with my spark plug was the oil I was using was to thin!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 03:34 am:

Steve,

Oh my God, you are so right!!!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Denio on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 05:48 am:

Frank,

Three BURNING (fuel) questions? :-)

Is it true that the threads on your spark plugs spiral in the opposite direction from those here in the northern hemisphere?

What weigh spark plug oil do you recommend for standard plugs?

Is the same oil appropriate for 14 mm plugs?

Thank you for sharing your expertise, insight and vast experience and research on this subject with us. :-)

Happy New Year,
Dom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 06:03 am:

Dang Steve, You made me laugh real hard this morning. That was one of the funniest things I have seen posted here in a long time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 06:06 am:

Brilliant! Simply brilliant! Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 06:26 am:

Steve: May I send you a PM asking for your input on changing my T's plugs in a very cold Maine garage ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 06:57 am:

Great Steve. My dad was an engineer and had a poster on the wall that showed drawings of all the variants of the tire swing. The original concept, how the designers improved it, how the safety officers adapted it etc, etc . He kept adding to it over the years. Loved that thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 07:08 am:

Steve, That was really GOOD !!! Pete

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 07:27 am:

And which timer works best with which plugs...chart to follow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 07:40 am:

Excellent, Steve! -Excellent!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 07:56 am:

Too funny, but I disagree on the exact numbers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 08:06 am:

The numbers are obviously skewed toward the authors's personal bias and are presented without reference to sourcing and are therefore unacceptable to the committee. All statistical information should be documented and funding sources must be attached. Don;t forget the old axiom about "lies, d--n lies and statistics!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 08:15 am:

Great post !!!!!!
Also cool first name too !!!!!!
I am now off to change oil and bands in my Model T ... any advice?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 08:16 am:

FANTASTIC! I loved the post and needed a good laugh this morning.
THANK YOU STEVE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 08:20 am:

Frank ,What percentage of Marvel Mystery Oil do you use?
Obviously not correct. Cheers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 08:34 am:

So it comes down to this - ethnicity. As with light bulbs it takes a nation.

A Ford Model T armored-car variant (called the FT-B) was developed in Poland in 1920 due to the high demand for motorized guns during the Polish-Soviet war in 1920.

The number people to change a spark plug depends on the number of light bulbs to be changed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 08:37 am:

You know after thinking about "How many does it take to change a spark plug"

I would say 5 guys... One to hold the plug and four to turn the car around and around!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 10:14 am:

Steve, that was funny :-)

My beloved brother once suggested that only one tony Bowker was required to change a spark plug and God would turn the world around him......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 10:17 am:

It could be sung to the 12 days of Christmas tune.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 10:59 am:

And here I thought the answer was 5. One to hold the wrench and 4 to turn the car!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

That seems to sum it up pretty well...

Very True and Hilarious at the same time,

Thanks for sharing..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

Perry & Joe that kinda reminds me of the old joke
how many lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb?
How many can you afford?
back to your regularly scheduled threads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

So true!!

BTW, what is a "spark plug"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

Steve forgot the Spark Plug Gap. And gap recommendations for high compression heads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

Being a Southern Baptist, I always thought it took three to change a spark plug. One to screw the old plug out and the new one in and the other two to bring the fried chicken and tater salad.

Actually, I changed a spark plug all alone once. I don't recommend it. :-) :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Steve, that was brilliant! It should be framed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

If a spark plug is not currently sparking, is it still a spark plug, or only a plug???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

The same can be said when the question is asked about what type of oil to use, type of transmission bands, timers and -----------------!!

Good post and a good reminder Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

Dom.
Yes, all true, after all our toilets in the southern hemisphere do flush the other way!!!

Being down under, the oil seeps past the pistons over night, so thicker the better!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

I love this board!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 11:31 pm:

Hey. I resemble some of those remarks...
Oh no, my son didn't post this over on facebook did he? He would.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration