Here Are The Only Parts Needed During Reassembly...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Here Are The Only Parts Needed During Reassembly...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 09:58 am:

...if you are in a hurry and don't want to do the job right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 10:00 am:

I'd take that chassis any day.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 10:41 am:

By Jove, old bean, and straight pipes out the exhaust. Jolly good show, eh, wot ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 10:54 am:

The horn mounting is incorrect. Treason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:07 am:

It would be great to see several angles on this. What's supporting the steering column ? Is this an '09 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:35 am:

He's going to fill his pants leg with dirt and mud unless he gets a bicycle clip.

Probably should get some goggles too. Just to keep the flying debris out of nose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:35 am:

It is the basic model.
If you want more you can get add-on items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:42 am:

I am hoping to find an engine block that has been in Ecuador before they changed the law. I have people looking. If found, I probably won't have much more than this when done :-) Probably put disc brakes on the rear too :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:43 am:

gas tank??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:47 am:

RV, maybe it's louder that way. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Carlson on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Right hand steering?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Manoff on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Actually I think this is a pre accident scene. Note the feller on the right watch as the big touring car is barreling down on this stripped down T "photo moment" in the middle of the street.
Look out!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

Small gas tank is strapped on the left side of the block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

Check out the exhaust deflector(?) behind the #4 exhaust stub. Gotta keep that nice suit clean!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

What is the hand crank wheel under the seat? Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 02:08 pm:

At first glance, Don, I wondered the same thing. I think it's just the twist of the horn tubing. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

Hmmm,....with those four little exhaust stacks belching out fire and NOISE, I really question the need for the horn at all!!!

Interesting that this bare chassis is apparently licensed by somebody. I doubt that a license plate in those days really had much meaning to anybody, including whatever authority issued it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Chap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 03:39 pm:

.....bit of awlroight I'd say!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

I wonder where this was taken? The car behind is also a right hand drive and driving on the left side of the street.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 05:51 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-NY2U3ghPo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYNulylgVgI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 06:30 pm:

Given the license plate with a single letter, four number and right hand drive, probably England or more correctly, Scotland. The car behind looks like a Lanchester.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt cwynar on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Thought you all might find this interesting about this car.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/history/15592546.The_Lord_Mayor_who_raced_his_s tripped_down_Ford_Model_T_on_Saltburn_beach_and_was_convicted_of_driving____furi ously____at_12mph/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:31 pm:

It sure looks like the hand brake lever is out of reach. Maybe just the angle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:37 pm:

It must have been a fairly new chassis that he stripped down. I thought it was an early chassis with a later engine on account of it being closed valve. It would have been an early closed valve going by that article. The column looks long enough to be one from a Torpedo. Unless he built it up out of loose components, imagining unrivteing all the running board brackets from a nice new chassis like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 12:28 am:

I know the cackle out of pipes like those! What a terrific/horrific noise!
When left to breath like that, these little engines will rock the frame on start-up and when cracking the throttle!
That photo brings back memories even if my noise was cobbled together old junk!
Great pic Tim! Oh, to be able to log an hour in that chassis.
How the devil did he get in and out of that seat?
Verdy caffally ol' chap. Nyes. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 07:51 am:

Here is the story of Saltburn Sands Speed Trials. Fascinating. I like the tale of the Fiat driven from Brooklands (over 250 miles) in 1911 to take the Flying Mile record. National speed limit then was 20mph, at times the Fiat reached 120mph!

http://www.saltburnbysea.com/html/speed-trials.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Very interesting photo. The speedometer appears to be mounted to the other side of the "exhaust deflector". Where is the coil box? Also, what is the item sticking up behind the engine and to the right of the steering column (looking from the right side)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:32 am:

Matt, many thanks for the link !! The Lord Mayor was the Ford dealer, the date if the picture is 1911, I think it's safe to say he stripped down a brand new chassis!

Dan, I think the "item" is the mayor's foot ! (What DID he do with the dang coil box ?!?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

That coilbox is down on the left frame rail, isn't it? 1,3 and 4 plug wires run under the gas tank. Number 2 wire is almost straight away from us and the camera?
Did he have the man/men simply hack off the front fender and lamp mount? What is the "mush" under the rad mount on the outside of the frame?
This question seems inconsistent with what they did on the rest of the frame, possibly removing rivets...

mush

Is that a one legged, white hatted, whirling dervish on the side walk above the left pedal? Or?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

Duey,

The "one legged, white hatted, whirling dervish on the side walk above the left pedal" is the driver's shoe. Rich Bingham suggested that and after looking closer, I believe he is correct. Compare it to the driver's visible right shoe.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

:-) I see his shoes, they're greyish and the pedal is black. I was asking about the image "on the side walk". ;-)
Neat photo. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration